1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help!!! Mud flap Sale descrepinsy

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dark Knight, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Jan 6, 2009 at 11:51 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    Ok so here is the problem. I sold my mudflaps and got an email from the buyer stating that the front ones were split, one a little more then the other. I thought they all had the split towards the inside so I was unaware of any problems with them.

With that said, If they are in fact broken I want to make things right with the buyer, so help me out here, Does anyone else have the splits to the inside of their front mudflaps? My truck is an 05 4x4 for reference.

Thank you

2. Jan 6, 2009 at 12:17 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Now I am going by memory here, since I just let loose of my front ones. There is a slit on the front flaps, reason it caught my eye is when I had some work done on the rear flare, when they went to replace the flaps they tried to put the wrong ones on.

I would see if the guy would take a pic of the area and post it here.

3. Jan 6, 2009 at 12:33 PM
    Dark Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    this is a screen shot of a pic of the flaps that were in the original email to the buyer. Red circles indicate where I thought all of the front flaps had a split.
    flaps_abcddcda16001160f3369543873b4c0ae8ca69df.gif

4. Jan 6, 2009 at 12:38 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I am pretty sure there is a split in the area, if I was a betting man I would lay money on it.

5. Jan 6, 2009 at 12:46 PM
    Dark Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    cool, thanks for your input longbow. Anyone else have thoughts on this????

6. Jan 6, 2009 at 4:16 PM
    Racer78

Racer78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4X4 Sport
    Billstiens 5100 @1.75, 5125, 1.5 AAL,Leaf Spring TSB,TRD Intake, Roof Rack, Satoshi Grill, BHLM,T-Rex Eyelids, Undercover Cover, Powdercoated Sport Rims, KC Slimline 8" Lights, MTX ReQ5 w/ipod imput, 12" Shallow Pioneer Sub, RF 800.4 amp, JBL Comp, Bed Ext, USB Port, Shorty Antena, Spider Trax Spacers,TRD Skid Plate, Napier Sportz Tent II, Scangauge II, AirBedz
    Hi Jeff, Man..my pm message thing on here is still not working???. I sent you some pictures to your Paypal email account let me know if you get them.

Thanks

7. Jan 6, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    Dark Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    ok yea i was confused with what was going on with the pm stuff. Ill check the email.

8. Jan 6, 2009 at 4:25 PM
    Dark Knight

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    email sent

Products Discussed in