1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help my mud flap hooked somthing and pulled my fender flare off.....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rampking, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Apr 18, 2012 at 2:35 AM
    rampking

rampking [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey,
    So I was cleaning my truck up yesterday and noticed my mud flap only has one screw left in it, and my fender flare is unhooked from about 3-4 clips from the back. I tried resnapping them on but it wasn't hooking up, with further inspection I noticed that the fender flare hooks are all cracked. So now what's one to do? I know you can replace the blue clips that attach to the truck side but these other clips on the fender flare itself look like they are part of the flare, and once broken they're gone type thing. This has to have happened to someone on here. What did you do to fix this? Is there an adhesive that can pull this off? I am pissed off, the fender flare clips are pretty Mickey mouse build if you ask me for an off road truck.....and I am so easy on this truck it's a bit hard to swallow.
    Anyways if someone can help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Rampking

2. Apr 18, 2012 at 2:44 AM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    As far as I'm aware, those clips are molded part of the flare. Unfortunately, its either replace or you can try a high strength epoxy. Wrap the cracked areas in some good ol fashioned duct tape after the epoxy sets and hope for the best. It's behind the box sidewall so no one will see it anyways.

3. Apr 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    Another reason Mud Flaps should be removed... they can cause damage! :eek:
    You should be able to remove the flare and then replace all the clips that are broken. The clips are available at the dealer...

To Top