1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help on 2007 Sport

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tbaker, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Jul 21, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    tbaker

tbaker [OP] New Member

Member:
    Am looking at this truck, and it has a few things on it I am not sure about. Hoping folks here can identify them b/c it is for sale at a Honda dealer and no one knows what they do.

One of the pics (top row, far right) shows the engine bay, which looks like it is a) missing the black cover, but no big deal - I'd ask the dealer to cover replacement cost and b) has what looks like (from my searching and reading) a TB spacer....is that what this appears to be? Sorry there isn't a more close up pic.

Another pic (second row, third from left) shows three buttons and I have no idea what they do...everything appears stock - no amps, subs, lights in cab or on exterior - so not sure what these may do. I know asking what three buttons do with a generic pic of the buttons doesn't give anybody much to go on, but just wondering if there are some common mods that may hook into those.

If I bought the truck, and assuming those buttons don't do anything super important and assuming disconnecting them wouldn't hurt anything, I'd probably get the a new trim to make it look stock, and ask the dealer to cover the cost of that.

This truck is at a pretty good price point for the region so I am trying to see if I can figure out what this stuff is, but I wouldn't buy the truck without knowing what has been done. The dealer has the mechanics looking into what it is, but forums usually know 10x what dealers do :)

Thanks in advance....

2. Jul 22, 2010 at 8:33 PM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    It is missing the cover and yes I would have them replace it. I am not sure what you mean by TB spacer? The three buttons I don't have a clue. It is aftermarket but I dont know to what. It could be bed lights, undercarriage lights? You would have to check out the truck after dark and try the buttons. Sorry I could not help you with that. Good luck and welcome!

3. Jul 22, 2010 at 8:36 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue V-6 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 305/65/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper with 3 kragen HID lights color matched headlights grill craft grill AFE stage 3 CAI wicked flow muffler under cover bed cap inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    TB is throttle body spacer and yes looks like a tb and for buttons idk what they could be

4. Jul 22, 2010 at 8:39 PM
    dee_bo

dee_bo Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport Tacoma
    None yet
    The engine looks funny to me...maybe it's just the cover missing. Also with those miles 22k is way too much....I wouldn't pay more than 18.5 for it

5. Jul 22, 2010 at 8:40 PM
    CopDoctor

CopDoctor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    08 335i
    BMS Intake, JB4 chip, Plastidip everywhere
    probably aftermarket lights/winch/whatever the guy before had. he probably sold all his upgrades or moved them over to a new vehicle and returned his to stock minus the buttons, only thing i can think of

6. Jul 22, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue V-6 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 305/65/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper with 3 kragen HID lights color matched headlights grill craft grill AFE stage 3 CAI wicked flow muffler under cover bed cap inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    and that row of buttons beside the mirror adjustors dont look correct either (2nd row 3rd pic)
    also since when did they have 2 cig lighter outlets in the back center counsel??? (2nd 5th in)

7. Jul 22, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I'm not sure I'd buy a truck that was missing the engine cover. I'm kind of anal about stuff like that. If the previous owner took it off why didn't he put it back on? I always save stuff like that to put back on. It would make me ask what else did he cut corners on or skip minor details? Just my opinion.

8. Jul 22, 2010 at 9:17 PM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo Say no to Bro

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    '07 DCSB SR5 4x4
    It's got LSD man.....
    the only button that doesnt look normal appears to say security at the bottom. Probably for theft protection. other than that it looks pretty good. i wouldnt worry about not havin that cover much

To Top