1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help Please - re: Scrub Radius

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by Rajput7708, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Nov 3, 2020 at 9:37 PM
    Rajput7708

Rajput7708 [OP] Member

Member:
    Yes I definitely will. I know I want to keep my scrub radius down so will try and get it closer to zero. That looks nice! Thank you!

2. Nov 4, 2020 at 12:28 PM
    Rajput7708

Rajput7708 [OP] Member

Member:
    Hi Socal, I hope we are pseudo digital Buds now :) and I can ask you a few more questions please (Beers are on me if you are ever in Jersey!). I am not sure if I am looking at this correctly.

I did some measuring today. Interestingly enough, my stock wheels (from what I saw on the internet) have a +26mm offset so I was elated. From a calculator (online) again, I saw that 26mm is about an inch. So I was thinking, if I go to 0 offset, that gives me a 1" gain there width-wise (on one side),

then i roughly measured the contact patch of the tire and I had about an 8" patch, now with the 10.50's that's another gain of about 1+ (halfish of 2)". So that pushes the tire "face" out about 2.5/3" so far.

Now I'm thinking, well I have another 2" push out with the actual Long Travel kit for the mounting surface. So, I'm wondering if the 4" bulge will still work from Advanced Fiberglass (they came in today and look AWESOME!). I just kind of hung it up there and used a tape measure on the floor to see and eyeball. Didn't look bad. BUTTT, I should preface with I did order the McNeil 3" bulge too. So maybe it's just better to wait I'm not sure.

I may be a mall crawler here as I am for sure a mall ninja, but I love the fiberglass fender look and I know a lot of people on the forum don't like it from what I am reading, but I have to have them! Fiber hood is on the way too. Do you think my estimation here is correct enough to actually do the work and hang the fenders to see? Or is there something grossly misstated here in my rationale and I should just wait for the 3". I just had the grill off to swap it for a TRDish style, going to put the raptor lights in this weekend hopefully and don't really want to go through the hassle if my rationale is flawed of taking the grill off again (even though it's so much easier than working on old cars). May just goto a shop then to figure it out the tire specs.

Full disclosure, this was supposed to be my bug out rig, but I have since tinted the windows, put a hurst T handle shifter (all my manual vehicles get that) and yes, I ordered new speakers with sub woofer to install this weekend in the car as long as everything get's here on time. CB is on order too, yaesu ft60r is here and I have no idea how to use it. Get everything done in one bang and I'm getting my ham radio license so I can talk on it. No idea why I had to confess that to everyone, but I felt in all honesty I must. I've been watching Mike Glover videos the last six months and I'm hooked on this new world.

Whenever you get a chance, Just wondering on your opinion (or anyone else's that may be reading this)

As always, thank you so much!

3. Nov 4, 2020 at 3:07 PM
    kzrpk5

kzrpk5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wisonsin
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma
    TC Long Travel, SUA, Bed Cage, Fiberglass, 38", JD Fab LCA mounts, roll cage, manual hub conversion + Stickers!
    You can 'hang' the front fenders and compare brands without too much effort, need to remove wheel well liners however. You could then make your decision. And go back to stock fenders if need be. Fronts are not too bad. The rear bedsides are a different matter, need to remove a lot more stuff to hang those. And the bed must be unmounted and moved to gain access to rear attachment bolts, gas filler neck also. Can be done. You need to hang, fit and attach the glass prior to having it painted anyway. I run the McNeil 3" glass. The finish was nice and required very little prep prior to going to paint booth.

4. Nov 4, 2020 at 6:19 PM
    Rajput7708

Rajput7708 [OP] Member

Member:

Thank you very much Sir. I appreciate it!

5. Nov 4, 2020 at 9:48 PM
    socalexpeditions

socalexpeditions IG: @socalexpeditions

Member:
    I have heard much better reviews from the McNeil 3" Bulge in comparison to ADV. I personally believe 4" would be too much - I know people who tuck a 3.5 kit under a 4" bulge.

I would imagine you can do a +2 kit with -10 to -25 offset and have the 3" fenders and be about spot-on, with -25 being close to the limit you'd like to go.

6. Nov 4, 2020 at 11:23 PM
    Rajput7708

Rajput7708 [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks again Socal!

7. Nov 4, 2020 at 11:30 PM
    nudavinci64

nudavinci64 Robert @ Holy Horsepower

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    San Mateo/Cayucos, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 S/C TRD OffRoad 4x4
    Boosted Money Pit....
    I believe the -25 16" and -38 17" come out to around the same due to different wheel width's 8.5" vs 9". if the -38 is too much the -25 likely is the same or pretty damn close. But agree if I swap to a LT front I was planning on 2" setup and would swap back to a lower offset wheel setup. prob 0 or -10 setup.

8. Nov 4, 2020 at 11:39 PM
    Rajput7708

Rajput7708 [OP] Member

Member:
    Thank you nudavinci64! That helps immensely.

nudavinci64[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Nov 5, 2020 at 4:07 PM
    socalexpeditions

socalexpeditions IG: @socalexpeditions

Member:
    Yes with of the wheel matters too! So much to keep in mind lol.

nudavinci64[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top