1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help removing fog light switch

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by Redgrom, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Redgrom

Redgrom [OP] http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco and 96 ford bronco
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    Hello, I am trying to use my sock fog light switch for my new lights and can't figure out how to remove it. The lower row is easy to pop out but can't seam to reach the upper switch. What am I missing? (It's a 05 if that matters)

2. Rusty 06 4x4

Rusty 06 4x4 NBHNC

Member:
    First Name:
    Rusty
    West Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD DCSB
    search the forums I know I saw some do a write up on putting other stuff in those plugs.. search 2nd gens..

3. Redgrom

Redgrom [OP] http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco and 96 ford bronco
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    Already tried searching "fog light switch removal" but could not find anything. Ill try to expand my search.
    Thanks.

4. TerryS

TerryS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Cape Cod, Mass.
    Vehicle:
    '10 SR5 AC 4x4
    WeatherTech floor liners and wind deflectors; shorty antenna; OEM tow hitch & wiring; bed mat; accessory meter console w/temp & compass; 4WD switch lighting mod; Viper 5301 Remote Start; TRD front tow hook and aluminum skid plate; color matched door handles & grille; FJ fog light switch with on/off indicator light; fog light anytime mod; N-Fab steps; Extang tonneau; Blu-Logic bluetooth, and; TRD OR alloy wheels.
    I got the fog light switch out by taking out the center blank, then I got the switch out by reaching in and pushing it out. To get the center blank out, I tucked strong fishing line behind the face of the blank, then yanked it out. You'll need something thin to tuck the line into the narrow space between the dash and the blank itself.

Hope this helps.

5. yarro

yarro Well-Known Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DCSB
    05-11 Toyota Tacoma BLK Front Mesh Billet Grille Grill , Toyota FJ40 1974-1979 Grille Emblem, OEM Toyota Runnig Boards, Xtang Trifold Bed Cover, OEM Toyota Roof Rack. Yellow Bulb Fog Lights(forgot brand ) TREX Eyelids. AVS Rain Gaurds. Toyota Skid Plate. Pop N Lock W/ Backup Camera slot. Amber LED Daytime Running lights. FJ cruiser Switch panel install in center isle. Glove box & Center counsel Lighting with amber switch. AVID Light bar Rigid LED bar
    Hey buddy just did mine, really easy, this is what you do. Use a tiny flat screw driver to remove the mirror control panel, also remove the left side cubby holder thing right under it. This will give you space to see all the way up (from the bottom, laying on the floor of drivers side) to the fog light switch panel and others. Use a flashlight to see what your doing and a flat screw driver to push it out from behind and walah!!! ;) i will make a write up soon with pics. THIS IS TE FASTEST AND CLEANEST WAY TO DO THIS!!:)

To Top