1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help Shopping for 1st Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by A.T., Oct 23, 2011.

1. Oct 23, 2011 at 2:14 PM
    A.T.

A.T. [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab TRD Off Road
    Hey Guys

Thanks for the welcome on the "New Members" page.

I'm looking for a 2nd Gen Access Cab 4x4 TRD, manual trans. It would be my daily driver and on occasion I'd like to be able to tow a 2300 lb. car on an open trailer with it. I'd be okay with a 4 door but it's not neccessary.

It's been a while since I shopped for a used vehicle. It blows me away what some sellers think of as excellent condition. I've really taken great care of my '01 Rav4. You'd have to look hard to find any rust. It's got 255,000kms (153000 miles) on it. It's in perfect condition. Minor stone chips, that's it. I'll be lucky if I get 6k for it. So, I'm having a hard time lookng at '06 Tacomas with 90,000 miles for 18-20k that seem okay unitl I look underneath. How much rust is normal? The thought of buying a vehicle with more rust than the one I have is not sitting well. I should add, I'm in Canada.

Here are a few snaps of a nice looking truck. Asking price $18,300. I was ready to pull the trigger until I looked underneath.

Another question: Is the towing package not standard with the TRD models? This truck had an after market hitch and wiring?

Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers

A.T.

IMG_0700web.jpg
    IMG_0702web.jpg
    IMG_0703web.jpg
    IMG_0709web.jpg
    IMG_0701web.jpg

2. Oct 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM
    Trapper6speed

Trapper6speed Hacksaw engineer

Member:
    Stock
    Welcome And if you are looking for some rust free trucks you might have to do some shopping down south.

3. Oct 23, 2011 at 5:56 PM
    jw1983

jw1983 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    13' Tacoma Access 4x4 OR
    From what I've found by looking around before I bought my Tacoma a month ago is that they are prone to under the truck rust. Now, I am not sure what it looks like for people who have the undercoating and what not on their trucks. I'm sure that some of them can chime in about it and say what their trucks would look like underneath.
    I'm sure that living in the eastern part of Canada that there is going to be a lot more rust due to the amount of salt, gravel and what not is used on the roads out there. I am sure that in the west like I am that it's not any better.

4. Oct 24, 2011 at 1:44 AM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    The towing package was an option you could get from the factory, Came with a hitch and a 7pin.. and i think tranny and oil cooler lines? Youll have a hard time finding anything cheaper for an 06, I just signed away my life for 18.5 for my 06 with 110,000. One owner with brand new tires, Custom leather and the four doors is what grabbed me on that. Id say if your really worried about rust then id consider going out of area to look for a truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top