1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help wiring Compressor

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by JayARRGHH, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Dec 5, 2010 at 10:28 PM
    JayARRGHH

JayARRGHH [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Bellingham, MA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    285/75/R16 Eldarado MTZ, Alpine CDE-102 Deck, DIY Snorkel, 2" Spacer Lift, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB, Custom over head console w/ map lights, CB Mount, and external CB speaker, 2 12" Kenwood Subwoofers, 300 Watt Alpine Amp, Alpine 3" lift 500# capacity
    Sorry if this isn't the correct area for this, but I bought a little 3 gallon compressor from lowes, plug in the wall, nothing fancy, and I plan on bolting it in my tool box, any ideas for wiring it to either the battery or a separate battery? I clearly have no idea what I'm talking about so any help is much appreciated.

2. Dec 5, 2010 at 10:32 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    I'm gonna guess it runs off the house electricity right? From the house it is 120V AC. The truck battery is 12V DC. So you would need a inverter ( converts 12V DC to 120V AC). If you have the TRD OffRoad than just plug the compressor in to the plug that is in the back of you bed.

Never mind about plugging it in to you truck, because you don't have a 05+. Just buy an inverter (one that can handle the compressor's needs) and wire it directly into your battery and plug the compressor into that.

3. Dec 5, 2010 at 10:38 PM
    JayARRGHH

JayARRGHH [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Bellingham, MA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    285/75/R16 Eldarado MTZ, Alpine CDE-102 Deck, DIY Snorkel, 2" Spacer Lift, Uniden Bearcat 880 CB, Custom over head console w/ map lights, CB Mount, and external CB speaker, 2 12" Kenwood Subwoofers, 300 Watt Alpine Amp, Alpine 3" lift 500# capacity
    Alright seems easy enough, thanks!!

Products Discussed in

To Top