1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with 3" suspension lift!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by cgilbane, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Aug 25, 2009 at 11:23 AM
    cgilbane

cgilbane [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Avon, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dbl cab
    remote reservoir fox shocks front and rear
    I plan on getting new rims though

2. Aug 25, 2009 at 11:26 AM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    I like the 17s. Im not sure if you can rin a 16" w/out problems. Dont forget the bigger the rim the more expensive the tire and the less sidewall you have.

3. Aug 25, 2009 at 11:33 AM
    cgilbane

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Avon, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dbl cab
    having more sidewall would be a good thing right? more crap to run over rocks with i assume

4. Aug 25, 2009 at 11:34 AM
    cgilbane

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Avon, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dbl cab
    as far as expenses, there are two things I will spare no expense for, my truck, and my guns. so as long as it will make one of those two things better, im all for it!

5. Aug 25, 2009 at 11:36 AM
    cgilbane

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Avon, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dbl cab
    also, forgot to get the answer to this Q,

So if I get new:
    *upper control arms
    *Fox 2.5" Coil-Over Shox with remote reservoir for front and back
    *33 inch tires
    *brakes
    *brake lines

is there any other parts that would be beneficial for me to get? I wanna get everything at the same time so I can get it all installed in one feel swoop.

6. Aug 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    You need and a new Leaf pack or and add a leaf so you can raise the rear with the front. All-Pro and Icon have a 3 leaf pack that replaces your overload leaf on the stock pack. Or you can get a full leaf pack from Deaver or Dakar. I would reccommend extended brake lines for the rear.

But everything else looks pretty good. Dont forget to get an Alighnment when you get everything installed and the front is the height you want.

7. Aug 25, 2009 at 11:55 AM
    imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    What Control arms are you looking at? Camburg or Total Chaos. Both are awesome.

8. Aug 25, 2009 at 12:53 PM
    motoxmann

motoxmann Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport
    Fox 2.5 RR coilovers, Fox 2.0 piggyback rear, toytec aal, TC UCA's, weathertec liners, Wet Okoles, grillcraft in the mail
    If you're doing the work yourself, get a spanner wrench. Fox doesnt give you one. I've got Fox 2.5 front, and 2.0 rear piggybacks with a Toytec AAL sitting in my garage waiting for me to get back from PR!! I cant wait! Good luck with your rig!

9. Aug 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM
    cgilbane

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Avon, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dbl cab
    so I am about to purchase the fox 2.5 rr for the front, im a little confused about the back. I dont think they make 2.5's for the back, I think I have to get the fox 2.0's correct?

Also I still need to buy leaf springs correct? I believe I would get the 3' leaf springs?

Along with the front suspension (2.5) rear suspension (2.0) 3" leaf springs, upper control arms, new brake lines, new tires...

is there anything im missing? do I need to get any other part to get the total chaos UCA work my lift?

10. Aug 25, 2009 at 2:37 PM
    cgilbane

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Avon, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dbl cab
  11. Aug 25, 2009 at 2:50 PM
    imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2.5" in front/ 2.0 in the rear. Yes you need leaf springs. I think the 1.5" would be good enough for you. Everything else should be good.

12. Aug 25, 2009 at 3:11 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    get the extended travel fox coilovers if you are getting new UCAs. that way you can get the full performance out of you new front set up. aftermarket UCA's allow for more uptavel in the suspension but you can only take advantage of that w/ extended travel CO's. hope you didnt already order them. and the leaf packs are a 3 leaf add pack that replaces the overload leaf and gives you a 1.5 in lift in the rear of the truck.

13. Aug 27, 2009 at 2:03 PM
    cgilbane

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Avon, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dbl cab
    so why would I not get the 3" leaf springs? I want the front and the back to be raised 3". I must not be understanding something.

Anyone help?

14. Aug 27, 2009 at 2:08 PM
    cgilbane

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Avon, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dbl cab
    also I cant find extended coil over's from fox, any links?

15. Aug 31, 2009 at 10:43 AM
    cgilbane

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Avon, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dbl cab
    ?? bump bump guys

16. Aug 31, 2009 at 11:27 AM
    imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
  17. Aug 31, 2009 at 2:55 PM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    im not sure what year your truck is so here are the links for each year.

2005+ http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/pro.../sfID1/12/sfID2/730/sfID3/735/productID/39093

95-04
    http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/pro.../sfID1/12/sfID2/730/sfID3/735/productID/39092

the pics are the same on each page but the part #'s are diff. compare the extended length #'s to the others. these are a bigger number and the second * says they are for use w/ TC UCA's hence extended length. (camburg UCA's will work fine too. offroad warehouse just doesnt sell camburg stuff) hope this helps

18. Sep 1, 2009 at 4:51 PM
    cgilbane

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Avon, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dbl cab
    so will i need to get 3 " spacers along with the shocks and UCA's and leaf package?

19. Sep 1, 2009 at 5:24 PM
    cgilbane

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Avon, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma dbl cab
    if I buy a new 1.5 inch leaf spring do I need to get new u bolts or any other hardware? (also allprooffroad.com recomends a 3" leaf package with 33" tires to avoid tire rub?)

I just bought the Fox shocks (2.5rr front) (2.0 piggyback back) and the Total chaos upper control arms.

I am going to get longer brake lines as well ( is 24" long enough?)

also do I need to get steering stabilizer at all?

20. Sep 1, 2009 at 8:37 PM
    allpro

allpro Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    All Kinds Of Toyotas!!!
    Our 1.5" and 3" rear leaf springs are an entire replacement leaf pack designed to provide maximum flex off-road. Your stock brake lines will be pushed to their limits. If you don't want to buy the extended lines, you need to at least extend the bracket on the axle housing to allow for a little slack. If you go with longer u-bolts, we include them in our u-bolt flip kit. Also, if your rear Fox Shox don't have the click adjusters, you may consider our rear Fox Shox that do if you regularly have differing loads in your bed.

Products Discussed in

To Top