1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with 6112 install in Denver area (seized sway bar bolt)

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by Pdubs.94, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Oct 8, 2021 at 5:16 PM
    Pdubs.94

Pdubs.94 [OP] Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 Grey Tacoma SR5 DCSB
    Hi all, with shop backlogs being pretty crazy right now (one place I asked said they wouldn’t free up until March) I figured I’d see if there was anyone in the area who might be willing to help me (and get paid) with install of UCAs and front shock install on my 2011 Tacoma. I attempted to diy this earlier today but I could not get the sway bar bolt to break free even with spraying it down and hitting it with a (small) handheld torch.

I am working out of a tiny apartment parking slip so I’m hoping maybe there’s someone relatively close nearby that has a better garage setup and a bit more know how on how we can get this stuck bolt free, as it’s the one thing standing in my way of getting the shock out.

I would’ve been able to get the UCAs on but I figured if that’s all I can do I may as well wait until I can get it all done in one go so I’m not having to deal with doing the alignment multiple times.

like i said, I would pay for your time. If no one is available, any thoughts on what I can do to get this bolt free is appreciated. And mods if this is not allowed or needs to be posted elsewhere just let me know. Thanks

2. Oct 8, 2021 at 5:17 PM
    tcjacado

tcjacado Well-Known Member

Member:
  3. Oct 8, 2021 at 5:57 PM
    FishWhispererCO321

FishWhispererCO321 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green Tacoma OR
    Former rust belt resident here. In the interim between now and getting some help, I'd hit that sucker with PB blaster and give it a few solid hits with a hammer...wait a few hours and rinse and repeat. Do this with every bolt you will need to remove or loosen for the project. It will save you serious frustration. Whenever I worked on my 2002 Highlander (RIP) I'd start this process a couple days before ever diving into tearing the thing apart and it seemed like the ticket to more predictable downtime for repairs.

4. Oct 8, 2021 at 6:12 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ I drink, and I know things… Moderator

Member:
    Looks like Alaska
    Vehicle:
    POS Jeep
    Big Nicks in Aurora.

Tell Nick or Jamie this dickhead sent you…

26017229-B75B-4D49-9351-E52ADB8FEB48.jpg

I would offer to help, but I have three generators and combustion turbines tore apart right now at work.

tcjacado likes this.
  5. Oct 9, 2021 at 9:03 PM
    JDM

JDM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB TRD OR S/C
    TRD supercharger, TRD exhaust, skids, sliders

Products Discussed in