1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with a Cheap Backup Camera

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Wildstng80, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Jan 22, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    Wildstng80

Wildstng80 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cameron
    Spokane, Wa
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
    Rear AAL
    I have a Pyle PLCM10 License plate mount rear view camera. It has 2 wires and 1 video cable. I know where the video cable goes but where do i connect the other 2 wires. 1 wire is black with a white stripe and has a fuse link connected to it which i would assume is the power wire and the other wire is all black so I would assume it is the ground. I would like to connect the power to the reverse lamp but don't know which wire on the truck is the power wire for the reverse lights. Also, i have a purple/black wire off the back of my Pioneer AVHP4000 that tells me to connect it to the reverse signal. Not really sure what that means.
    Any help would be gladly appreciated
    Thanks,
    Cameron
    I have a 2005 Toyota Tacoma 4dr

2. Jan 22, 2011 at 11:07 AM
    fvtalon

fvtalon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern BC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD/Yamaha
    285/65/18 BFG ATs on MKWs Leer Cap
    If you pull a taillight out, then you should be able to disconnect either a plug or a socket at the reverse light, then just use a multimeter to see which terminal goes 12V when the backup lights come on. To get the backup lights on park somewhere flat, set the ebrake, then shift into reverse with the ignition on but the engine off.

Once you figure out which backup light wire is which you can trace it back down the harness if need be and tap into it.

To Top