1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with cargo divider?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jimsc, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Aug 2, 2010 at 6:02 PM
    Jimsc

Jimsc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner Double Cab
    Aries Nerf Bars, Cargo Seperator
    My 2011 Taco came with the cargo divider. I can get it slide freely along the side rails. Wants to stick and bind. Its totally useless. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Aug 2, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    jaws revenge

jaws revenge Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad Long Travel
    yeah, it can be a little tricky. there are grooves throughout the rail. essentially the divider should be set in one of those grooves, although technically you can tighten it up anywhere on the rail.

you just have to wiggle it a bit (i usually stand in the middle of the bed holding the divider in the middle) to keep the square heads 'flat' as they move along the rail to your desired position.

3. Aug 2, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    KodiakVA

KodiakVA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 XCab Sport BarcelRed
    On the bottom of the rails are little holes or notches that the will catch the "pins" as you slide the cargo divider along the rails. When the latching "pins" come to one of these holes you have to stick your finger in the notch from the bottom to make the pin slide over it and not drop into the hole. This will let you move the divider to different positions in your bed moving side to side.

It is not the easist thing to do but that divider is the best one going.

4. Aug 2, 2010 at 8:29 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    I rubbed paraffin wax on the bolt head that holds the divider into the bed-side rails as well as in the channel where the bolts ride in order to smooth out the travel a bit. I just snapped off a piece of wax, pinned it under the bolt head in the rail and slid it back and forth to coat the inside of the rail. This minimizes friction on the bolt head which, most of the time, keeps it from binding. It's been about 9 months now and it's time to re-do it.

If you're is like mine, the bolt heads are square and the sometimes get tilted and a corner of the bolt gets stuck in one of the holes along the bottom of the side rail. This causes the cargo divider to jam. If you slide your fingers under the bed-side rail when this happens you can feel the corner of the square bolt head poking out and free it by pushing it back into the rail.

To Top