1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with coilover and shocks for PRO COMP 6" Lift.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by smikels, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Apr 4, 2017 at 4:59 AM
    smikels

smikels [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Suffolk, Virginia
    Hello, So I have a 2017 3rd gen DLCB Sport. I bought a truck that has a pro comp 6" lift and 20" rims with 35's fro rubber from the dealer. Although I have no paperwork showing what I got. I am kind of bummed about that. But the truck feels kind of stiff and I feel every bump it seems. So when I look at the front coilovers I have Hitachi in the front and the rear I am not even sure as I didn't see any name on them when I looked. I may reach out to 4wheel parts and see if they can give me any information, but the last time they did not tell me squat when I went there and asked. The reason for the thread is I am wondering what I need to buy as I am a noob as far as this goes. Also can I install this myself? I am mechanically inclined and even changed suspension on a car before and helped with things on a truck, but never did them myself. So what do I need front coilover and rear shocks? Am I using the right nomenclature? So I am providing a link below to 6" King kit for my truck that also shows my lift as well. I am not sure how much off roading I will ever do. But I do want a really nice ride and have read these are the best. Also I would think it should not be to difficult of an install. Please give me some feedback on your thoughts. Maybe I should just buy some bilstein shocks and coils since I won't be off roading much. Anyone that has had both can comment and let me know their thoughts. I also plan on adding armor and read that I needed 700# springs maybe as well.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Suspension/King-Shocks-OEM-Performance-Shock-Kit-25001-647.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=90&t_pt=3306&t_pn=KST25001-647&utm_source=google,google&utm_medium=cpc,cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&emlprox=out&ppcfon=1&gp=1&scid=scplpKST25001-647&sc_intid=KST25001-647&gclid=Cj0KEQjw5YfHBRDzjNnioYq3_swBEiQArj4pdMFO00Dwo6YEvHk95Butfwdv21Vcun_eJ517q2klxh8aAnRE8P8HAQ#ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_pDetail_productSpecs

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. Apr 4, 2017 at 6:01 AM
    dcoursler

dcoursler They call me Tater Salad

Member:
    First Name:
    Derrick
    Alabaster, AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Currie Rock Jock High Pinion 60, JD Fab EVERYTHING, Fox shocks, Radflo Shocks, Archive Garage all the other things, spinny thing on top of the motor

Products Discussed in

To Top