1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with improving ride quality

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Craig Pereschuk, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Jun 1, 2015 at 12:45 PM
    Craig Pereschuk

Craig Pereschuk [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi I'm in need of help because I can't figure or find a good answer on my question so... My question is that I bought a rough country 3 in lift years ago for my 07 Tacoma 4wd Double cab short bed 6spd sitting on 18"wheels with 33x11.5" wide tires and it did great problem is now my ride quality is complete crap do I would like to know what shocks/coilover setup could I get or should I get to get the oem or even better and amazing comfort ride quality and off-road comfort too I basically wanna pretty much feel nothing hitting bumps, holes, trails etc. So please help on a decision would be great thanks

2. Jun 1, 2015 at 12:51 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome, Craig.

Not sure the "pretty much feel nothing" is achievable, but many swear by the ride quality an Icon setup provides. In the end, it's a lightweight truck and you have larger wheels than the factory, and less sidewall (stiffer sidewalls, as well).. so you'll definitely not get Cadillac ride quality, regardless of any mods you do. Your rim choice isn't helping in any way.

3. Jun 1, 2015 at 12:53 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    Ditching your rims would help.

4. Jun 1, 2015 at 1:00 PM
    Craig Pereschuk

Member:
    Well there are a good bit of meat/sidewall on the tires about 6 in or more using nitto trail grapplers. It doesn't need to ride like a Cadillac but ride now hitting bumps in the road pretty much makes your teeth rattle so I wanna know what shocks or coilovers I could run to make the ride so much more enjoyable

5. Jun 1, 2015 at 1:05 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    16" wheels. Icon coilovers of your choice.

The amount of sidewall isn't the sole issue with your wheel choice, it's the amount of sidewall as well as the stiffness of the sidewalls. Read a bit in the Suspension subforum and see what kind of Icon setups seem to be in your budget, and go from there. There are a lot of good vendors on this forum, with good pricing.

6. Jun 1, 2015 at 1:09 PM
    Craig Pereschuk

Member:
    Ok I'll check into that I appreciate it I'm trying to stay under$1000 so I'll look around

7. Jun 1, 2015 at 1:10 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    $1k will get you a decent setup. Check out Wheeler's Offroad for prices, @YotaDan is a representative here on the forum and would be helpful for any questions or input as well.

YotaDan likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top