1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with pricing an '09 leftover

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bmoore, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Sep 19, 2009 at 6:03 AM
    bmoore

bmoore [OP] New Member

Member:
    First time posting, hopefully I'll be coming over soon from the VW world. Just wanted to see what you all thought would be a fair price for a new '09 double cab TRD offroad with tow package. It's a lot-sitter at one of my local dealerships. IIRC, invoice for that truck is around $26,500?

2. Sep 19, 2009 at 6:19 AM
    Knot Guilty

Knot Guilty Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Access cab 4x4 4cyl Barcelona Red
    Black UWS tool box, Bed mat, Tinted all the way around, AFE Air Filter, Secondary air filter removed, Debadged, Seat belt mod, Cobra 29 w/lil wil antenna, EGR Rain Guards, Black Husky liners, Grey and Black factory Tacoma seat covers, AR Mojave Wheels, Flowmaster 40, Nitto Terra Grapplers
    I paid $22,243 out the door with taxes and everything for my new 09 back in May. It is an access cab 4x4 2.7 with manual trans also got them to throw in a reciever hitch. The MSRP on it was around $26,500. Its not the TRD but just something for you to compare it to.

3. Sep 19, 2009 at 6:43 AM
    TacoSox

TacoSox Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diz
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD SR5 Off Road
    K&N Air Filter, Bug Deflector/Hood Protector, Window Vents, Lamin-x Fog Light Covers
    The sticker price on mine was $28,898 for an '09 double cab off road V6 with tow. I traded in my '99 Camaro and put $4 G's down and was out the door under $22000 ater taxes and all that crap.

4. Sep 19, 2009 at 6:53 AM
    choptop

choptop Molōn labe!

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner TEP
    Welcome to TW!

Is this truck used or new? Pre-Runner or 4x4? MSRP for Pre-Runner DC OR tow package is around $28K, add 4x4 and pile on another $3K. That said you likely can get it for several thousand under MSRP if the dealer is motivated- if the truck has been sitting on the lot they will want to be rid of it.

My '08 Pre-Runner DC OR with tow pkg was 28.8 MSRP and I got them down to about 24 last December. Subtract my trade in and it came out to around 19 + TTL.

5. Sep 19, 2009 at 7:01 AM
    stang88

stang88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    my 09 stickerd at 30k i got it for 26,500 otd. fully loaded double cab with evcery option but jbl. i feel i got a fair deal... and they thru in free oil changes for as long as my warranty was in place ( 6 years or 100k miles)

6. Sep 19, 2009 at 8:37 AM
    KodiakVA

KodiakVA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 XCab Sport BarcelRed
    The best way (only way IMHO) to judge the deal is the price in relationship to Invoice price. I bought mine just before the Clunker deal so the dealership would deal a little. They may not be dealing so much now until the pipeline fills back up.

I got $300 under invoice and the truck (2009) had a factory $750 rebate on it. So I drove it off for $1050 under the invoice price. I matched the invoice price up at edmunds.com and the dealer showed me theirs to verify. I think I got a great deal. Some people reported a $1500 rebate of 09's in there area so they may have done even better.

When dealing with a dealership you need to use the invoice price as your guide and try to do better than that if possible. Do not let them include ANY factory rebate in your quoted price. The factory rebate comes off the final price and should not be included. So if your dealer says they can sell for invoice price, and Toyota is running a $1000 rebate, final price should be $1000 UNDER invoice. A factory rebate is no sweat to the dealership so all deals should be made with that excluded. Then that will get added on to the end deal. Good luck.

To Top