1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help with RCD / Suspension Lift!!! Anyone?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Spine Shank, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Feb 28, 2012 at 5:29 AM
    Spine Shank

Spine Shank [OP] Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Still Stock
    Hi -

Here is my problem. I installed a RCD 4.5" suspension lift on my 2006 Tacoma. It came with new hardware including spindles and Bilstien 5100 shocks. I have everything together, but it appears that the struts will not compress. It is like they are over extended. I have serious doubts that the geometery of the UCAs / LCAs are correct. See pics below.

Trouble shooting - I have messed with the struts for days. When the shocks are out of the coils, they compress fine. Put them in the coil and install them, no compression!

Infact, during assembly of spindle to both LCA and UCA, I used a jack under the LCA. Although it will compress the shock initially, it stops and lifts the truck off the stands. Like it locks out.

The result is I have to pull the UCA down to get the ball joint in and bolt on. It will go and it will torque to the specs, but again the geometery does not look right.

I am calling RCD today, but are there any other suggestions / ideas? I really need help on this.

I have included pics of Sandjunkie's RCD lift as means of comparison.

Does anyone have any recommendations / suggestions?

Thanks -

Spine Shank

Compare 1.jpg
    Compare 2.jpg
To Top