1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Helpp me choose!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TRDKenE, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Aug 9, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    TRDKenE

TRDKenE [OP] DAMN GOOD DEAL!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Richmond, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '10 D-CAB OFF-ROAD 4X4
    TRD CAI, GrillCraft.
    I have a 2010 Double Cab 4x4 I would like to life about 1.5 in the front.
    I like the Bilstiens as a Brand and Product. But don't like the fact of preloading the spring as I am loosing some ride comfort.

What would be the best OME lift coil and with what shock would give me the as close to the factory ride but still give me some good offroad/beach cruising capabilities.

I am just so confused which coil do I use 883/884/885/886...Jesus my head hurts b/c I am trying to absorb all of this and I still can make my decision.

I would still like to keep a bit of the foward rake what would be the best route to go for the rear?

Thanks for all the help/advice in advance

2. Aug 9, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    toycar18

toycar18 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 Reg Cab 2.7L
    OME Suspension, BFG 33x10.50 AT, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Rear ARB Air Locker, LCE Header, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, K&N Intake
    Old Man Emu is a great suspension for on road ride quality with added off road performance.

I would email tech@arbusa.com for selecting the correct coil to maintain factory rake. I believe you want the 885 coils.... not sure though

I would also recommend going with the Old Man Emu lift all the way around. I believe it is the only complete lift that maintains factory rake. I have a 98 and love my suspension. I am very impressed and happy with it.

Rather than just lifting the vehicle, OME is a completely new suspension and is much nicer than any stock suspension. The steering, ball joints, cv joints all are not put into extreme situations so that stuff should last a lot longer.

http://www.trdparts4u.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=-8415

You will be really happy with it and all the OME components that are needed come in a kit and work together - easier than piecing stuff together. It is also designed to work together.

Just my 2 cents... There are plenty of other options and companies that people are happy with too.

To Top