1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Herculiner vs Duplicolor

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 01GREENTACO, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Nov 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    01GREENTACO

01GREENTACO [OP] Not all who wander are lost

Member:
    Germantown, TN
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD
    Lost track many, many mods ago.
    What do you guys recommend? I am wanting to get rid of the drop in liner and get something a little more permanent. Yes, I have used the search button and I have heard mixed reviews from both sides. I want some pics and some really useful information to persuade me one way or the other. I know nothing compares to the quality of a Rhino lining or Line-x but nothing compares to the price of it either. I am wanting to do the bed liner over Thanksgiving break. Thanks in advance fellas.

2. Nov 12, 2010 at 7:06 PM
    gobias

gobias as in Gobias some coffee

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 Dbl TRD
    I prefer Herculiner but to get really good coverage you'll need 2 gallons of the stuff.
    When you factor in the cost of 2 gallons at ~$90 a piece, materials for sanding and application, and the time invested, it's not a whole lot cheaper than Line-X or Rhino.

If you're dead set on avoiding Line-X and Rhino and want to save as much as possible I'd do one gallon of Herculiner and put the drop in bedliner back on.

Just my $.02

3. Nov 12, 2010 at 7:08 PM
    WASTE MANAGEMENT

WASTE MANAGEMENT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Umatilla Florida
    Vehicle:
    97 tacoma 4x4 3.4 w/5 speed
    new 31x10.5 tires, mag wheels, drilled rotors, new sound, and a cb.
    I sprayed the inside of my cab with duplicolor bed liner in a spray can the other day. Its good hard stuff but it is not that thick. I would want something thicker for my bed. I had line x in the bed that I took off my truck other day, and it was thick and hard. I plan on getting my bed sprayed with line x again. I have never tryed the herculiner stuff but I think you roll it on so maybe you can make it as thick as you want.

4. Nov 14, 2010 at 1:03 PM
    trailmix

trailmix Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dalton
    Mico, Tx
    I herculined the interior of my 85 runner and its held up great so far through 3 wheeling trips. None has flaked off and it hasnt worn through anywhere including the driver floorboard. I just bought the kit and used that one gallon on the whole interior. Herculiner gets my vote

5. Nov 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM
    scriber007

scriber007 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I prefer Herculiner I used it before on my previous truck, it holds and bonds much stronger than the Duplicolor that I have now on my other truck.

To Top