1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Here is some more EXCESSIVE force for ya...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 2003RC51, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:21 PM
    2003RC51

2003RC51 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Toytec Basic 3" - Leather Interior - Spidertrax F+R
    WOW. He is a punk because he is putting himself through school? Please stop now and save yourself some embarrassment.

AGAIN, for the the people that did not catch it. I am not a cop basher. I know there are good cops out there, a lot more good ones than bad ones even. If BAD cops don't get exposure everything would just get swept under the rug and it would happen again and again. These cops need to lose their jobs because they lack the mentality for the job, and cops unfortunately are not aloud to have a bad day if it is going to affect how they do their job. If it does affect their job then they should know better than to go out in the field when they are having a "bad day". Just like that diabetic should know when or when not to drive.

2. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:22 PM
    j83soldier

j83soldier Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks
    I do not think he should of been fired at all. You are correct to know right and wrong you just have to be human. To UNDERSTAND it and why people are how they are as well as the driving forces behind unpleasent decsions you do have to experiance how shitty things can be. I wish I could go back in time and be idealistic. Maybe I would be able to sleep at night but I digress

3. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:24 PM
    j83soldier

j83soldier Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks
    yet again, I question. Can you hold yourself to these standards. I know I cant. I have bad days, I will admit that. Can you?

4. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:58 PM
    2003RC51

2003RC51 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4x4
    Toytec Basic 3" - Leather Interior - Spidertrax F+R
    Everyone has bad days. I fortunately have a job where I can have a bad day and if it affects my job so be it, cops on the other hand are not afforded that luxury. If they let a "bad day" affect their work and something happens that normally would not happen then I am pretty sure that would be classified under negligence.(the definition is pretty wide so correct me if I am wrong)

5. Jan 17, 2011 at 12:13 AM
    A7XTaco

A7XTaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    You don't want to know...
    My father was a officer of 8 years. He was the kind that would get out walk up and down rough streets and talk to and get to know the people in the neighborhoods he worked.

A few weeks after he left that department another officer went into the same neighborhood throwing his weight around and got shot.

It seem to many officers have forgotten how powerful of a tool words are when dealing with the public, not physical force.

I would love to have seen the officer in this video clear the bus out, and sit down in the seat in front of the girl and actually just talk to her. I would be willing to bet, if he had any people skills at all, this situation could have turned out completely different.

On the other hand, its also amazing the complete lack of respect the general public has for officers these days. If you just show a officer respect, its amazing what it will do for you.
    I have a stack of warnings that should have been tickets, and its all because I showed the officer respect.

Don't get me wrong, there are things that piss me off, like revenue generating speed traps. Anybody who has ever traveled south of Dallas on 45 knows exactly what I'm talking about. I would gladly pay a little more in taxes to get those officers off the highway writing chicken sh*t tickets and on the city streets actually serving and protecting.

Products Discussed in

To Top