1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey Connecticut, our backs hurt

Discussion in 'North East' started by Jrs13086, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Oct 18, 2016 at 7:07 PM
    jc11taco89

jc11taco89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    3 inch toytec 5100 SPC uca's Pelfreybilt front plate bumper with center hoop Pelfreybilt rear plate bumper with swing out B.A.M.F. sliders with kick out Mobtown ifs and trans skid. 33's with rims that are to large.
    Hahaha ya man I'd love one myself but as you said I myself have several things in front of the SC. like bumpers front and rear skids sliders lockers a regear 35s and a solid color vehicle wrap like an OD Green. :ohsnap::oldglory: and that's just for the truck I am also really wanting a Harley or a super-moto hahaha huge difference I know but I dig both and if there's still enough funds left a mail order bride from some eastern European country hehehe

2. Oct 19, 2016 at 3:03 AM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    Take this advice from a married man - Not a mail order bride, you want a mail order girl friend...

jc11taco89[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Oct 19, 2016 at 10:46 AM
    jc11taco89

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    3 inch toytec 5100 SPC uca's Pelfreybilt front plate bumper with center hoop Pelfreybilt rear plate bumper with swing out B.A.M.F. sliders with kick out Mobtown ifs and trans skid. 33's with rims that are to large.
    What's up my CT TW brothers happy hump day. So just a slight update now that the soft topper has been on a while now I'm still loving it and so far there's only one down side that I've noticed and it's a very minor one but at night trying to back up into parking spots it's kinda tough to see what's going on back there. I've come up with a pretty simple yet still wicked awesome solution and it's another set of led pod lights as back up lights, now I may be wrong but I believe from the meet that @tgriff you have a set of flush mounts in your rear bumper correct?? I think this is the route I want to go just not sure on flush mounts or just regular pods mounted to to top of the bumper only because I'll eventually be getting a rear plate with swing out bumper... Any ideas/thoughts lets hear em dudes @dcorbalis @bucktales do y'all have this issue as well???

4. Oct 19, 2016 at 10:52 AM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    I have 2 led flush mount pods in my plate bumper. Got them from Amazon. Very bright; much more than the 50W halogens that I put in the stock reverse lights. The leds draw 18w. I'll have to find the link but it should be listen on the bottom of the NE BS thread...

jc11taco89 likes this.
  5. Oct 19, 2016 at 11:00 AM
    surfandturf

surfandturf Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD DCLB
    check out the aftermarket backup cameras. I have seen some that integrate with the license plate trim and you view through an app on your phone.

jc11taco89 likes this.
  6. Oct 19, 2016 at 12:13 PM
    bucktales

bucktales *Retired* curmudgeon

Member:
    Litchfield County Ct.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport AC / 2014 FJC/ 1972 Rally Nova
    I adjusted my side mirrors a little lower so i can see the ground. Need to pick up a pair of cheesy convex stick on mirrors from Wallyworld like the ones I have on the FJ. Backup camera helps too. It sucks backing up the FJ, so it's second nature for the Taco.
    Whenever I get around to a plate bumper in the rear, I'll probably go with backup lights there too.

jc11taco89 likes this.
  7. Oct 19, 2016 at 12:24 PM
    bucktales

Member:
    Litchfield County Ct.
    Vehicle:
    There...fixt,lol

jc11taco89 and vssman[QUOTED] like this.
  8. Oct 19, 2016 at 12:43 PM
    bucktales

Member:
    Litchfield County Ct.
    Vehicle:
    Scope on a ML...sacrilege,lol.

.54 Jäger I had built several years ago....
    IMG_6843.jpg

9. Oct 19, 2016 at 2:40 PM
    tgriff

tgriff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4 Black DCLB
    8.5" x 17" Fuel Hostage black wheels P265/65/R17 Toyo Open Country AT II tires Rigid Industries Dually LED pods on back bumper (Diffused pattern) Rigid Industries 10" SR2 amber LED light bar behind grille (Driving pattern) - Custom mount Magnaflow 18" performance muffler Magnaflow 4" resonator exhaust tip - Welded on 3M 35% tint on front windows Access Limited roll-up tonneau cover Uniden Bearcat 880 CB radio 4' Firestik Firefly CB antenna on Relentless Fab hood mount AVS vent visors Lamin-X amber fog light covers ND4's fog light anytime mod Ultragauge MX 1.3 mounted on dash - Custom mount Weathertech floor liners front & rear Access LED battery-powered bed light CravenSpeed stubby antenna OEM Bed Mat Bosch Icon windshield wipers Plasti-dipped front emblem Debadged TRD Sport bedside decals removed Mud flaps removed
    You're partly correct lol, I do have rear lights but they're not flush mounts. I have LED pods mounted at the bottom of the bumper. There were factory holes in the bumper that I put the bolts through

jc11taco89[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Oct 19, 2016 at 2:59 PM
    jc11taco89

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    ya I know I've heard that before but hey with that scope I can hit a paper plate at 200yards every time :cheers: And that's a really nice muzzleloader

bucktales[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Oct 19, 2016 at 5:24 PM
    jc11taco89

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    Also now that I know your into older ML I have an old CVA kit gun that trying to get firing I got it from a friend of my father's and he assembled it like 30+ years ago but never fired it he thinks he forgot something during assembly. So I loaded it up and put in the cap cocked it pulled the trigger and no bang I think I might have the wrong the wrong caps

12. Oct 19, 2016 at 5:48 PM
    bucktales

Member:
    Litchfield County Ct.
    Vehicle:
    Unload it.
    Use number 11's for caps if it has the original nipple. clean the nipple and the flame channel.
    Put a cap on,hold muzzle next to grass or leaves, snap a couple caps off. Leaves/grass will jump when cap goes off.

13. Oct 19, 2016 at 6:02 PM
    bucktales

Member:
    Litchfield County Ct.
    Vehicle:
    Is that CVA a Mountain gun?
    Some of the older ones had Douglas barrels. If it's made in USA and doesn't have Spanish proofs, it may be a keeper.

14. Oct 19, 2016 at 7:16 PM
    jc11taco89

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    That's a good? ?? I'll have to look into that all I know is it was like a kit that you would assemble yourself I'm sure it's not worth much if anything at all I just thought it was cool for nostalgia reasons like I think it would be the coolest thing ever to actually harvest a deer with it ya know

15. Oct 20, 2016 at 5:48 AM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    Happy Friday eve everyone!

jc11taco89 likes this.
  16. Oct 20, 2016 at 7:17 AM
    jc11taco89

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    As my man @Cativelense said happy Friday eve, anyone have anything ccool going on this weekend??? Also idk about anyone else but I'm kinda getting the itch for another CT TACO meet up ?? Anyone have any ideas?? For those of us that are into the second amendment and fire arms I ccould go for a shooting/hangout/food/bullshit meet?

Cativelense likes this.
  17. Oct 20, 2016 at 7:22 AM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    I'd be up for another meet up! The camping thing might not work for me, because of having two little ones, but meeting up for a day and shooting the shit, that I can do!!!

jc11taco89 likes this.
  18. Oct 20, 2016 at 7:56 AM
    jc11taco89

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    Awesome ya I think the camping trip may have to wait till next spring, but ya so that's wicked awesome as of now it would be you @themajewski and myself and who ever else's wants in what cha think @tgriff @dcorbalis @surfandturf @bucktales @vssman @JKwrangler92 @pudge151 @tcam27 @jasonct and I feel like I'm forgetting folks still so if I did I'm sorry. So let's start brainstorming about this now :yes::woot:

Cativelense[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Oct 20, 2016 at 8:21 AM
    jc11taco89

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    That's right I remember this now, how did you wire yours did you run it singly to the battery or did you splice into the factory reverse wire in the wire harness ? I'm thinking I'm going with a separate wire so I can turn it on thru a switch when ever I want instead of only having them on in reverse. Also when folks ride your ass flip the switch and commence giggling hahaha

20. Oct 20, 2016 at 8:45 AM
    jc11taco89

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    Here's a pic of that CVA that I was telling ya about @bucktales like I said I'm sure it's not valuable but I would love to harvest a deer with it that would be a he'll of an accomplishment for myself to actually get r done

Products Discussed in

To Top