1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey Connecticut, our backs hurt

Discussion in 'North East' started by Jrs13086, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Dec 9, 2021 at 6:02 AM
    mattwhit08

mattwhit08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab
    Morning everybody. I had forgotten how to scrape ice off my windows. Unfortunately had to re-learn this morning.

Stay warm, folks!

2. Dec 9, 2021 at 7:02 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    That's great! TY

3. Dec 9, 2021 at 7:15 AM
    Roody

Roody Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    SW CT
    Vehicle:
    GX460
    That time of year again...

Anyone have a snow brush that they're particularly fond of? Need to pick up a new one as the bristles on my old one have turned harder than is safe for paint.

Cativelense and CTSpruceMica like this.
  4. Dec 9, 2021 at 7:26 AM
    CTSpruceMica

CTSpruceMica Is a Hot Dog a Sandwich?

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Vehicle:
    2014 Spruce Mica
  5. Dec 9, 2021 at 8:35 AM
    mattwhit08

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    Costco has a large, extendable brush/scraper available. Used it for the first time today. Pretty solid. And I keep it strapped in my bed. Fits nicely.

The photo below is with it completely collapsed. Extends another foot or so..

84AE5B35-822D-4DE4-BDC7-6EDA9A4CE460.jpg

TOMB, Roody[QUOTED] and Cativelense like this.
  6. Dec 9, 2021 at 9:02 AM
    AwesomeLaw68

AwesomeLaw68 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tacoma Off-road edition
    Brand new.
    A Pavement Princess , uh oh...

Cativelense likes this.
  7. Dec 9, 2021 at 10:51 AM
    Johnny balls

Johnny balls STILL NOT AN ADULT

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2016 inferno dcsb
    Big sticker guy Lots of wasted money
    I swear by the snow brooms

Cativelense likes this.
  8. Dec 9, 2021 at 11:36 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    That one, mine is like it and has a rubber squeegee style blade that is all I use on paint

Cativelense likes this.
  9. Dec 9, 2021 at 12:38 PM
    crashngiggles

crashngiggles Tacomaworld's Resident Psych Dr.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM TRD 4x4 DCLB Trail Limo
    Yes it is.....a hell of a lot easier with it off. I had to drill out one of mine with my lca on and it was the biggest PITA ever.....even with a right angle drill.

10. Dec 9, 2021 at 12:51 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Yeah, it's my only vehicle and I need to depend on it for work, can't risk a costly repair. I used to take my '01 offroad but it was my DD also and after 8 years it was quite rough around the edges. When I replaced it with my current '09, I decided I had gotten it out of my system and bought a boat instead. Would still like to ride along for old time sake.

11. Dec 9, 2021 at 1:00 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.

18th is looking ok for me. Why did you remove the OE bumps stops? Aftermarket replacements? I had my LCA's replaced a couple years ago and decided it was easier to pay for new LCA and bushings than for the labor involved with reusing the LCA and trying to clean them up (removing the old bushings).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    Cativelense likes this.
  12. Dec 9, 2021 at 1:20 PM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    Have a new issue with the truck today. A whining noise that was not there yesterday. Sounds just like the vid clip in this thead (post#10).

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/making-a-wierd-wining-noise.154216/

That thread never provided a resolution though and is 8 years old. Could very well be my power steering (I hope not) cause I've been riding on 33" tires for over 220,000 miles now. Is the PS pump driven by the serpentine belt? Would it make noise I just idling and not turning the steering wheel? I was thinking it might be the water pump. Hoping it's just a pulley gone bad. I've replaced all the pulleys and the serp belt at 130k so maybe due again. Don't remember what it sounded like though.

Also something to note: after a quick 3 mile drive, parked it in the driveway and popped the hood. Noticed a slight burning smell. Checked fluids- all look topped off and temps were normal.

Cativelense likes this.
  13. Dec 10, 2021 at 4:35 AM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    Morning everyone.

Happy Friday.

14. Dec 10, 2021 at 5:31 AM
    CTSpruceMica

CTSpruceMica Is a Hot Dog a Sandwich?

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Vehicle:
    2014 Spruce Mica
    https://www.amazon.com/Buorsa-Steth...tethoscope&qid=1639143037&s=automotive&sr=1-3

15. Dec 10, 2021 at 7:23 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
  16. Dec 10, 2021 at 7:24 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    I think I have the same one in blue/black.

17. Dec 10, 2021 at 7:43 AM
    mattwhit08

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    Happy Friday, folks.

Working from home today with both kids at home (4YO son & 2YO daughter). Say a prayer for my productivity..

18. Dec 11, 2021 at 3:40 AM
    super_white

super_white Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma 4X4
    Get a snow broom, snow brushes scratch your paint.

19. Dec 11, 2021 at 3:42 AM
    super_white

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma 4X4
  20. Dec 11, 2021 at 3:45 AM
    super_white

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma 4X4
    I removed the OEM bump stops because I installed a 2" lift and wanted to install Superbump bump stops but I had the bolt break and I've been driving with no bump stops in the front.

Products Discussed in

To Top