1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey Connecticut!

Discussion in 'North East' started by Jrs13086, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Jun 20, 2017 at 5:21 PM
    TOMB

TOMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Newington Ct. 06111
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access cab Sport -super white
    Changed all drain plugs to Dimple Magnetic plugs UNI filter on air pump
    I wont be going to the RI meet and great due to family issues but maybe we can meet up for a coffee sometime . I go to Danbury a couple of times a month to meet the Motorcycle buddies at the Panera Bread where the Markus dairy was located . That's where I met Nuno to pick up the wheels from him

Cativelense likes this.
  2. Jun 20, 2017 at 5:23 PM
    TOMB

TOMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Newington Ct. 06111
    Vehicle:
    Vssman I also have a few friends in the upper valley --Oxford right off of Rt 42

vssman likes this.
  3. Jun 20, 2017 at 5:25 PM
    TOMB

TOMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Newington Ct. 06111
    Vehicle:
    Vssman I also have a few friends in LA ( Lower Ansonia) and im retired so I can meet you somewhere as I have a flexable schedual ( the Wife ) I live in Wethersfield if your over this way
    TOMB

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  4. Jun 20, 2017 at 5:28 PM
    TOMB

TOMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Newington Ct. 06111
    Vehicle:
    Oh its Mustard with Horseradish& onions on the hot dogs , my wife is from New Brunswick Canada so she used Ketchup most times but then sometimes its both but she wont give up the Ketchup
    TOMB

5. Jun 20, 2017 at 5:39 PM
    jc11taco89

jc11taco89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jon
    Naugatuck CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma aclb 4wd
    3 inch toytec 5100 SPC uca's Pelfreybilt front plate bumper with center hoop Pelfreybilt rear plate bumper with swing out B.A.M.F. sliders with kick out Mobtown ifs and trans skid. 33's with rims that are to large.
    @TOMB just think of like the longest word you can think of and spell it one letter at a time and comment each one.

Cativelense likes this.
  6. Jun 20, 2017 at 5:48 PM
    tgriff

tgriff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4 Black DCLB
    8.5" x 17" Fuel Hostage black wheels P265/65/R17 Toyo Open Country AT II tires Rigid Industries Dually LED pods on back bumper (Diffused pattern) Rigid Industries 10" SR2 amber LED light bar behind grille (Driving pattern) - Custom mount Magnaflow 18" performance muffler Magnaflow 4" resonator exhaust tip - Welded on 3M 35% tint on front windows Access Limited roll-up tonneau cover Uniden Bearcat 880 CB radio 4' Firestik Firefly CB antenna on Relentless Fab hood mount AVS vent visors Lamin-X amber fog light covers ND4's fog light anytime mod Ultragauge MX 1.3 mounted on dash - Custom mount Weathertech floor liners front & rear Access LED battery-powered bed light CravenSpeed stubby antenna OEM Bed Mat Bosch Icon windshield wipers Plasti-dipped front emblem Debadged TRD Sport bedside decals removed Mud flaps removed
    I'm confused what is going on in here? Why does it matter how many posts someone has? :notsure:

7. Jun 20, 2017 at 5:52 PM
    TOMB

TOMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Newington Ct. 06111
    Vehicle:
    I cant remember the longest word my wife used but the way she was talking in French it couldn't be good . Her first language is French but to listen to here speak in English you would never know she was bi lingual

8. Jun 20, 2017 at 5:56 PM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    To be able to sell stuff in the for sale threads, you need 50 posts. So Tom is working his way up.

tgriff[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Jun 20, 2017 at 5:58 PM
    TOMB

TOMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Newington Ct. 06111
    Vehicle:
    We were in a restaurant and my wife was laughing and wouldn't tell me why. It turns out the couple on the next booth were speaking French and she understood every word .
    The translation she told me was that the guy was going to start at his partners ankles and finish at her ears,
    As we left my wife said to both of them in French good luck tonight .
    Boy were they embarrassed I cant describe the color red on their faces but it was close to the shade of purple,
    We had a good laugh that night
    TOMB

10. Jun 20, 2017 at 6:25 PM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    Good job!

Cativelense and tgriff like this.
  11. Jun 21, 2017 at 1:27 AM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCLB, TRD Sport, Barcelona Red
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    Holy CHT we got nailed in the city yesterday. I was anchored in the Hudson just south of GWB and we watched it come across the water and hammered us with 30-40kt gusts and blasting rain. The guy anchored in front of me was suddenly doing 5kts sideways and backwards so i watched him drift on by. i am very lucky he didn't drag right into us. Fairly certain he was not watching his anchor because it took him like 10 minutes to get his engines fired up to save his ass from ending up on the upper west side of Manhattan.

I am just south the the D-Block so if your in the hood give a shout!

12. Jun 21, 2017 at 3:08 AM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    Morning CT crew!

Cativelense likes this.
  13. Jun 21, 2017 at 5:02 AM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    Good morning peeps! Happy hump day!

vssman likes this.
  14. Jun 21, 2017 at 3:51 PM
    bucktales

bucktales *Retired* curmudgeon

Member:
    Ct.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport AC / 2014 FJC/ 1972 Rally Nova
    Used to take the Nova to the Dairy frequently.
    Great ride going there and one of the best cruises around. Sure miss that place.

15. Jun 21, 2017 at 4:07 PM
    bucktales

Member:
    Ct.
    Vehicle:
    My Mom was the same way.
    Je suis le Québécois de cinquante pour cent.
    Mais ,J'ai oublié la plupart de la langue.

16. Jun 21, 2017 at 7:12 PM
    JeffB

JeffB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    N.E. CT
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport
    My Mom grew up in Quebec was the top of her class met Dad and got her teaching degree at Suffolk and then taught french at King Philip in Wrentham for 20 years, Yet I got D's French.
    It did not go over well.

17. Jun 21, 2017 at 9:33 PM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    Anybody into salt water fishing? might be taking a trip early AM next friday out of Bport

18. Jun 21, 2017 at 9:42 PM
    tgriff

tgriff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4 Black DCLB
    8.5" x 17" Fuel Hostage black wheels P265/65/R17 Toyo Open Country AT II tires Rigid Industries Dually LED pods on back bumper (Diffused pattern) Rigid Industries 10" SR2 amber LED light bar behind grille (Driving pattern) - Custom mount Magnaflow 18" performance muffler Magnaflow 4" resonator exhaust tip - Welded on 3M 35% tint on front windows Access Limited roll-up tonneau cover Uniden Bearcat 880 CB radio 4' Firestik Firefly CB antenna on Relentless Fab hood mount AVS vent visors Lamin-X amber fog light covers ND4's fog light anytime mod Ultragauge MX 1.3 mounted on dash - Custom mount Weathertech floor liners front & rear Access LED battery-powered bed light CravenSpeed stubby antenna OEM Bed Mat Bosch Icon windshield wipers Plasti-dipped front emblem Debadged TRD Sport bedside decals removed Mud flaps removed
    Im more of a freshwater guy but I like the species variety you get with saltwater. You taking a trip on the Middlebank by any chance?

19. Jun 21, 2017 at 9:52 PM
    santas212

santas212 I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:

you mean like stratford shoals middle ground? i usually dont make it that far out i only have a 17' i usually stay close to black rock harbor, penfield light, maybe over to the stratford beach where the fluke hang out in the sun. Point-no-point area.

20. Jun 22, 2017 at 1:25 AM
    bucktales

Member:
    Ct.
    Vehicle:
    My stomping grounds!
    (sold boat last year after 40 years of owning one)

Products Discussed in

To Top