1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey Connecticut!

Discussion in 'North East' started by Jrs13086, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Aug 18, 2017 at 8:36 AM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket

You're only as old as you feel!

2. Aug 18, 2017 at 9:04 AM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    Happy Birthday Tom!

tgriff likes this.
  3. Aug 18, 2017 at 10:50 AM
    TOMB

TOMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Newington Ct. 06111
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access cab Sport -super white
    Changed all drain plugs to Dimple Magnetic plugs UNI filter on air pump
    At my age getting out of bed one morning I heard a lot of squeaking, popping and snapping sounds. I thought it was the floor where I was standing but it was ME.
    Senior humor. Ha Ha
    Thank you all
    TOMB

tgriff, vssman and Cativelense like this.
  4. Aug 18, 2017 at 1:26 PM
    tattooedsnake

tattooedsnake Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erick
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD sport 4x4
    -Bilstein 6112 front shock. Leveling lift -Bilstein 5100 rear shock w/TSB leaf pack. -Cooper Rugged Trek 265/70/17 -EBC front ultimax rotors w/yellow pads -Stoptech sport rear drums -Steel braided brake lines -Wet Okele seat covers front/rear with heaters -Custom built exhaust with Black Widow venom 250 muffler -Afe Stage 2 Dry CAI -Diode dynamics SS3 fog lights yellow. -OPT7 Projector Headlight Assembly w/Black backing -Undercover Flex Tonneau cover -Weather Tech floormats front and back
    Hey guys I haven't been on here in a while. Sorry this is a repeat post. Any links to a post or anything will do. Thanks in advance.

Can you recommend any exhaust shops to check out and maybe have them build my system? I don't mind traveling too far from the Bristol area to get good work done. Or if you know any particular ones that I should stay away from also.

I have been going around and getting quotes from muffler shops in the Bristol area. I am looking to get a new muffler and tailpipe area built and welded in. I will be going with the black widow Muffler with duals split out of the back to replace the dual exhaust that was on there , which has now rusted.

The system that was on it before was aluminized and lasted about five years up here in CT. The cheapest price that I have got from a local shop for schedule 40 304 stainless is $450 for pipe , Bend, and weld the pipe for the dual exhaust. I Supply the muffler and tips. The muffler is about $125 and then whatever tips I choose to go with. A couple of the shops are in the $600 range for pipe, hangers, and welds. Some of the others are ridiculous prices.
    What do you think?

5. Aug 18, 2017 at 3:38 PM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    Honestly, I'd be surprised if you able to find it any less than $450.00. Figure the shop gets about $100+/hr plus materials

6. Aug 18, 2017 at 3:38 PM
    tgriff

tgriff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4 Black DCLB
    8.5" x 17" Fuel Hostage black wheels P265/65/R17 Toyo Open Country AT II tires Rigid Industries Dually LED pods on back bumper (Diffused pattern) Rigid Industries 10" SR2 amber LED light bar behind grille (Driving pattern) - Custom mount Magnaflow 18" performance muffler Magnaflow 4" resonator exhaust tip - Welded on 3M 35% tint on front windows Access Limited roll-up tonneau cover Uniden Bearcat 880 CB radio 4' Firestik Firefly CB antenna on Relentless Fab hood mount AVS vent visors Lamin-X amber fog light covers ND4's fog light anytime mod Ultragauge MX 1.3 mounted on dash - Custom mount Weathertech floor liners front & rear Access LED battery-powered bed light CravenSpeed stubby antenna OEM Bed Mat Bosch Icon windshield wipers Plasti-dipped front emblem Debadged TRD Sport bedside decals removed Mud flaps removed
    I went to pops exhaust In whethersfield to have them weld in a muffler and exhaust tip that I provided. They charged me 160 to cut off the old tip and muffler and weld on the new. They did good work and let me go into the garage once the truck was on the lift to show them what I wanted before they started working. They also have a Manchester location

7. Aug 18, 2017 at 3:54 PM
    surfandturf

surfandturf Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD DCLB
    Changing diff oil this weekend with redline 75w85 and xfer case 75wx90 while I'm under it. I just realized it's been 52k miles since the last change (changed at 30k)..my how the miles add up

8. Aug 18, 2017 at 5:45 PM
    tgriff

tgriff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Sport 4x4 Black DCLB
    8.5" x 17" Fuel Hostage black wheels P265/65/R17 Toyo Open Country AT II tires Rigid Industries Dually LED pods on back bumper (Diffused pattern) Rigid Industries 10" SR2 amber LED light bar behind grille (Driving pattern) - Custom mount Magnaflow 18" performance muffler Magnaflow 4" resonator exhaust tip - Welded on 3M 35% tint on front windows Access Limited roll-up tonneau cover Uniden Bearcat 880 CB radio 4' Firestik Firefly CB antenna on Relentless Fab hood mount AVS vent visors Lamin-X amber fog light covers ND4's fog light anytime mod Ultragauge MX 1.3 mounted on dash - Custom mount Weathertech floor liners front & rear Access LED battery-powered bed light CravenSpeed stubby antenna OEM Bed Mat Bosch Icon windshield wipers Plasti-dipped front emblem Debadged TRD Sport bedside decals removed Mud flaps removed
    How often is that supposed to be done? I'm at 40k and haven't done it yet. Is it as easy as changing the motor oil or is there more involved?

9. Aug 18, 2017 at 6:35 PM
    surfandturf

surfandturf Well-Known Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD DCLB
    I personally try to do it every 30k miles. It's easy, just get a hand pump to force the oil up into the fill hole. I have a cross country trip coming up where I'm going to be packing some weight. New fluid should make a difference in added protection. I found the redline on eBay 75w90 can be found anywhere. I'll take it into the dealer for the transmission fluid change. I've reviewed the drain and fill diy but to me there is just too much risk.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  10. Aug 18, 2017 at 8:18 PM
    tattooedsnake

tattooedsnake Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erick
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD sport 4x4
    -Bilstein 6112 front shock. Leveling lift -Bilstein 5100 rear shock w/TSB leaf pack. -Cooper Rugged Trek 265/70/17 -EBC front ultimax rotors w/yellow pads -Stoptech sport rear drums -Steel braided brake lines -Wet Okele seat covers front/rear with heaters -Custom built exhaust with Black Widow venom 250 muffler -Afe Stage 2 Dry CAI -Diode dynamics SS3 fog lights yellow. -OPT7 Projector Headlight Assembly w/Black backing -Undercover Flex Tonneau cover -Weather Tech floormats front and back
    Thanks.

Has anybody heard of Swag rides in New Britain? They are fabrication and restoration shop. They do exhaust work and are a dealer for Black Widow.

11. Aug 19, 2017 at 5:23 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    Good morning everyone! Happy Saturday.

12. Aug 19, 2017 at 5:39 AM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    Happy Saturday all.

Erick, stop in and get a quote. I've been out of the car repair business to long and don't know anyone anymore to get a read on who does the best work.

Cativelense likes this.
  13. Aug 19, 2017 at 7:04 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Met up with uurx on the way to JFK, to get my in laws, to sell him the Pro grill.

He has a nice truck. I'm a bit jelly.

jc11taco89 likes this.
  14. Aug 20, 2017 at 4:50 AM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    Happy Sunday all.

Cativelense likes this.
  15. Aug 20, 2017 at 4:56 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Happy Sunday everyone!

16. Aug 21, 2017 at 2:42 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Good morning everyone. Happy Monday.

Back to the grind.

Bought the BAMF behind the grill mount yesterday, so now just have to wait for it to get here and then I can complete the bull bar delete mod/mount the light bar behind the grill.

17. Aug 21, 2017 at 1:41 PM
    TOMB

TOMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Newington Ct. 06111
    Vehicle:
    My at the helm bed stiffeners arrive today they're in the priming stage now hopefully have them installed by The Weeknd excellent quality excellent product
    TOMB

Cativelense likes this.
  18. Aug 21, 2017 at 1:42 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Post up some pics when you're done, Tom!

19. Aug 21, 2017 at 2:36 PM
    TOMB

TOMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Newington Ct. 06111
    Vehicle:
    I would like to post some pictures but that skill set I haven't figured out yet. I think my 8 year old grandson can show me how.
    I'll have pictures saved but you'll see the Install at the fluid film meet
    TOMB

Cativelense likes this.
  20. Aug 21, 2017 at 7:16 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Speaking of fluid film... Anyone else want in??

If you're on the fence about it, I suggest you do it. Not only will you be helping out a fellow TW member, but you'll be helping yourself out as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top