1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey Connecticut!

Discussion in 'North East' started by Jrs13086, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Nov 21, 2018 at 6:26 AM
    Breakfast Taco

Breakfast Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW CT
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 5spd 2.7L
    I was taught my job as a supervisor was to give my employees the tools to be successful in their jobs - be that training, knowledge, tools, time off, more help, … It was NOT my job to do their job, only to ensure they could successfully do it. Basically run interference for them, protect them from corporate insanity, allow them to be the face & presence of the company to the customers - as the company wanted to actually be. That said - filling in vacations if there is not anyone trained to do it seems an obligation. Leaving one person to drown is a supervisory failure in my book.

(Of course allowing oneself to be the corporate dumping ground could be seen as an employee failure. One mustn't allow oneself to sell themselves for too cheap. Would you allow a mechanic to treat your truck like shit, or would you go back & have a conversation about it, find a new mechanic? One has to value oneself at least as much as one values their truck.) ;-) ...not that things are much better anywhere else. Welcome to 2000's.

Hey - you're not a lineman up a pole in 0F temps with a wind blowing. Feels like -15F in Burlington VT on Thanksgiving!

2. Nov 21, 2018 at 7:02 AM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    :rolleyes:

:(

:notsure:

:pout:

Skierrichy likes this.
  3. Nov 21, 2018 at 7:11 AM
    Skierrichy

Skierrichy MadRad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Willington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD
    To many, but never done
    We all got problems...I just do my job to the best of my abilities and say F the rest of the BS.
    For me it's better if I don't care but if help is needed I'm always the first one to jump in and get it done.
    I've had way to much trouble in the past of not letting things go so when I changed to not caring what everyone else does my problems went away.
    After all karma is a bitch and catches up with you eventually!

4. Nov 21, 2018 at 7:15 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    The problem here is that because of the "corporate mentality" it's hard to let things go, and even not take a lot of things personal. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind helping at all, but at some point a line has to be drawn. It's hard enough as it is on some days being able to keep up and do my own job, so when my co-worker is out it becomes that much harder. Plus, around here you're basically expected to bend over backwards and help the salespeople because you know... sales generate money and keep the company going.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  5. Nov 21, 2018 at 7:22 AM
    Skierrichy

Skierrichy MadRad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Willington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD
    To many, but never done
    2 things you gotta remember;
    Your name isn't on the building
    And your not God!
    You can only do what you can do, if they don't like it then they don't get it.
    Maybe time to find a different job.

6. Nov 21, 2018 at 7:23 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Been looking for something for some time now, but haven't really found anything...

7. Nov 21, 2018 at 7:50 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Basically I do what I can do in the 40 hrs a week they pay me for. I don't get overtime (I'm salary). If there is more work to be done than you can do then the company needs to hire more people. At one point about 6-7 years ago, a co-worker of mine left and my work load doubled. I am an engineer. I had 43 different projects simultaneously back then. I tried to explain to my boss that meant I had less than 1 hr per week to work on each one. He did not care. Whatever. I will be back tomorrow and the work will still be there.

8. Nov 21, 2018 at 8:15 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Part of my problem is that I take the stupid laptop home because my OCD doesn't like to start the following day with unread emails from the previous day. Makes me feel like I'm behind... especially when I have to cover for my co-worker. Then I REALLY need to take it home just to catch up.

A huge part of my day and job is emails... a lot of them. A lot of back and forth, a lot of composing new ones and reaching out to suppliers and/or salespeople and our Customer Service department. But the volume is out of control.

Skierrichy likes this.
  9. Nov 21, 2018 at 8:53 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    I hear ya. You have to chase people down and pester them or they simply won't do their jobs. Or the computer systems simply dont work like they are supossed to and you have to spend time fixing things that shouldn't need fixing.

10. Nov 21, 2018 at 8:59 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    All of that... and having to explain why they need to enter something a certain way so I can do my job right, and get shit from them for calling them out on it.

11. Nov 21, 2018 at 10:36 AM
    Skierrichy

Skierrichy MadRad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Willington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD
    To many, but never done
    To those that are coming on Friday we will be using CBs but I do have a couple of handhelds I can bring too.

hallux and Cativelense like this.
  12. Nov 21, 2018 at 10:38 AM
    hallux

hallux Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'll likely need to borrow one then, I got nothing for gear :)

Just bringing my good looks, a warm coffee and some tunes.

Skierrichy and Cativelense like this.
  13. Nov 21, 2018 at 10:57 AM
    MikefromCT

MikefromCT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD OR DCSB
    OME Bp-51; Relentless Armor
    Sooo about that... I was lucky enough to have been gifted a cb from one of the guys that was at the Tw run a couple weeks back. I haven’t gotten around to installing it because the wife wanted to get me all of that stuff for Xmas (mount, antennae, etc.). So still no cb for me yet.

14. Nov 21, 2018 at 11:29 AM
    Skierrichy

Skierrichy MadRad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Willington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD
    To many, but never done
    When you guys show up, don't be worried about the dog....giant chocolate lab so friendly he may want to hump your leg!

MikefromCT and Cativelense like this.
  15. Nov 21, 2018 at 11:42 AM
    MikefromCT

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD OR DCSB
    I’m a dog person. These are my buddies. The like the truck more than the wrx I had before.

F7E04865-B758-49E9-BC63-6E10F4FF1CF5.jpg

16. Nov 21, 2018 at 12:32 PM
    hallux

hallux Well-Known Member

Member:
    I too am a dog person, actually decoy for the local K9 handlers lol

9CB9857B-AA2F-4967-B6D8-3FA9229E7713.jpg

17. Nov 21, 2018 at 2:16 PM
    Skierrichy

Skierrichy MadRad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Willington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD
    To many, but never done
    Sweet I love Shepard's!!!

18. Nov 21, 2018 at 2:17 PM
    Skierrichy

Skierrichy MadRad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Willington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD
    To many, but never done
    Sweet nice dog is that a pit mix!

19. Nov 21, 2018 at 3:06 PM
    MikefromCT

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD OR DCSB
    Roody, TOMB, Skierrichy and 1 other person like this.
  20. Nov 21, 2018 at 7:23 PM
    hallux

hallux Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yeah American Staffordshire Terrier

Products Discussed in

To Top