1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey Connecticut!

Discussion in 'North East' started by Jrs13086, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Jan 22, 2019 at 1:13 PM
    Cativelense

Cativelense Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Black 4x4 TRD Sport
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    Thank you sir! And so do I... :pout:

2. Jan 22, 2019 at 1:15 PM
    Skierrichy

Skierrichy MadRad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Willington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD
    To many, but never done
    @Breakfast Taco we are dealing with the bed this weekend?
    I forgot, but I need a reminder.:bananadead:
    I'll be there though!

MikefromCT and Cativelense like this.
  3. Jan 22, 2019 at 2:43 PM
    MikefromCT

MikefromCT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD OR DCSB
    OME Bp-51; Relentless Armor
    Cativelense and Skierrichy like this.
  4. Jan 22, 2019 at 2:43 PM
    TOMB

TOMB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Newington Ct. 06111
    Vehicle:
    2013 Access cab Sport -super white
    Changed all drain plugs to Dimple Magnetic plugs UNI filter on air pump
    NUNO
    Your incentive is this, do you want to remain where you work now, grow somewhere else?
    I'm also guessing that your current employer has already been contacted to verify your status.
    Working for a utility / city is usually better in the long run.
    Good luck.
    TOMB

5. Jan 22, 2019 at 3:30 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    -TRD oil cap -TRD radiator cap -TRD shift knob -2015 Entune system with Nav, -OEM roof rack -Front windows tinted to match back (20%) -BPK Skid Plate -Non clock hazard switch assembly -WeatherTech floor mats -AFE Stage II Pro Dry Intake -AVS Vent Shades -AMP Research bed extender -Horn relocation mod -Bob's Mirror -Redline hood struts -UltraGauge MX 1.3 -Debadged -Reverse LEDs & shifter bezel LED -Black steering wheel controls, black shifter bezel, black AC vent panel -Black gauge cluster rings + black tweeter rings -Morimoto XB LED fog lights -Anzo tail lights -Hilux 4x4 lighted switch -Bed mat -Hondo Garage radio knobs -OKLED 20" light bar mounted on BAMF behind the grill mount -CH4X4 LED light bar switch w/add-a-fuse -nd4spdbh fog light anytime mod (HUGE thanks to @tgriff) -Debadged bed -Secondary air pump filter -Retros (Morimoto Mini H1's and Morimoto Panamera shrouds with dual intensity LED DRL's & 5000k bulbs) -Tailgate Anti-Theft Device by @scleaf -OEM TRD Sport 17" wheels painted black w/Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires (Winter wheels) -Pro Comp Extreme 17" wheels w/Firestone Destination LE2 tires (Spring/Summer/Fall wheels) -Anzo blacked out third break light -HomerTaco Tacoma Ghost Raptor Insert -Rear diff breather mod (HUGE thanks to @jc11taco89) -Fumoto Valve -LEER 100R -Salex center console and glove box organizers -Power Pop N Lock -Mobtown Tailgate Skin -TRD Pro suspension with HS Progressive AAL (overload leaf in) -ECGS replacement bearing -Dust caps on rear drums to match front -Me-So Customs "The Gasshole" -ACEkraut license plate bracket -mesojdm's 2nd Gen Ultimate LED Dome and Map lights -Seat spacers from olecoot -Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation Bracket
    Thanks Mike!

Not sure if they contacted yet... Doubt it since this test is probably to narrow down from a bunch of people to probably a hand full, and then go to the next part of the process.

6. Jan 22, 2019 at 7:44 PM
    Breakfast Taco

Breakfast Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    SW CT
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 5spd 2.7L
    I took the city test... maybe 5 years back. There was a book you could order, no idea where mine is anymore. But it was all common sense stuff.
    I made it to final three, but another guy was more current than I was at the time. I was going for city food inspector & had been out of F&B for 2 years.

You'll do great. My test was at the duck pin bowling alley. All the stuff on the test - you'll be fine, common sense, just want to know you can read & right & follow written directions. You got that.
    Just tell yourself you 'da best & in the interviews tell them You are the best.

Then after you get the job, get me in. I want a M-H job w/ no weekends, no holidays, no quasi-holidays too! :rofl:

TOMB, Skierrichy and Cativelense like this.
  7. Jan 22, 2019 at 8:04 PM
    Breakfast Taco

Member:
    SW CT
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 5spd 2.7L
    Yep, doing it or break something trying!

@Skierrichy @mhoadley @lukester78 @Cativelense
    Does Sunday work any better than Sat? I know @lukester78 can only do Sunday & doubt Nuno could play Sunday after giving up Sat to testing. Kinda feel like the ethos is telling me "Not Saturday!". Sunday better? or some alternate time either day?

8. Jan 22, 2019 at 8:04 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    LOL! The other job I applied for last year also at town hall, the test I took was at the duck pin bowling alley as well. :rofl:

I forgot what the position was, but a requirement was you had to be bilingual (English and Spanish). I show up at the test, and I am literally the only non Hispanic person there taking it. I thought to myself, if I do better than any of these people then I feel really bad for them. Most of the test was in Spanish, and a bit of it was being able to translate from English to Spanish and vice versa. Needless to say I did better than a lot of people since I got a second letter saying I passed that part and was moving on to the next step, which was come in for an interview. I think only about 10-12 people made it to that part, and there must have been at least 25-30 people there taking the test that night.

Based on what the test was (a lot of Spanish), I got this idea in my head that the interview would be like that was well. The entire time I was freaking out, trying to make sure my Spanish speaking was on point, AND... I FLOPPED at the interview... BAD. It was in front of three ladies, all English, and questions about past work experiences in certain situations, what I would do in certain scenarios, ETC. I flopped because I was psyching myself up for Spanish, and it was the complete opposite. Totally caught me by surprise. Got super nervous, mumbled a lot, repeated my self a lot, you get the idea... Got the letter shortly after saying I didn't "pass" that part to move on to the next step. FML. :annoyed:. I was super pissed about it for the longest time because I did it to myself, and could have done so much better... at least I think I could have.

This time around I am hoping to do a heck of a lot better. But now I'm even more nervous about the test part. Nervous because I look at it as a "second chance" sort of speak, and don't want to repeat the same mistakes I made before, so I have that hanging over my head now.

Going to try and approach this test on Saturday as I did the last time - go in relaxed, not expecting anything and not knowing what it was going to be like, and just roll with it and do the best I can.

We'll see what happens. :fingerscrossed:

9. Jan 22, 2019 at 8:05 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    What time Sunday?! I play pickup soccer in New Milford from 8-9 during the winter, and as of right now I don't see anything on the Mrs even calendar for that day, so...

10. Jan 22, 2019 at 8:09 PM
    Breakfast Taco

Member:
    SW CT
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 5spd 2.7L
    I have use of the space all weekend, so really any time. I figure if I'm asking a favor it should be at the convenience of those doing me the favor.
    I just know lots of people go to church or dine w/ the parents on a Sunday. Heck, we could do it at 8pm or midnight Saturday if people wanted...

Cativelense[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Jan 22, 2019 at 8:13 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    LOL. Saturday night would be a no go for me. Gotta watch the little ones for a few hours... Wife is going to some ladies event at the Italian club with some of her teacher friends.

12. Jan 22, 2019 at 8:16 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    What is this duck pin bowling you speak of?

Breakfast Taco and Cativelense like this.
  13. Jan 22, 2019 at 8:16 PM
    Breakfast Taco

Member:
    SW CT
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 5spd 2.7L
    We'll send the little ones underneath to get the bolts, they're the perfect size. Can they handle a socket wrench yet? :rofl:

14. Jan 22, 2019 at 8:19 PM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    LOL. It's a litte bowling place here in town. They even do kids birthday parties there. My oldest is going to one there on superbowl Sunday. I've never been, so I think I'm taking him that day so I can go check it out.

LOL! Not quite yet.. Oldest wants to be anything and everything, but mechanic hasn't been one of them yet. Youngest is too much of a diva to get dirty.

15. Jan 22, 2019 at 8:19 PM
    Breakfast Taco

Member:
    SW CT
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 5spd 2.7L
    It's a bowling alley. They use a smaller ball so your fingers can get stuck in the holes causing you to accidentally hold the ball too long so it ends up flying up at the ceiling, or 1/2 way done the lane. :anonymous:

I mean, it's women & children friendly bowling.

Cativelense likes this.
  16. Jan 22, 2019 at 8:23 PM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    I only know candlepin and ten pin

Cativelense likes this.
  17. Jan 22, 2019 at 8:43 PM
    Breakfast Taco

Member:
    SW CT
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 5spd 2.7L
    Jump to search
    [​IMG]
    Duckpins are shorter and squatter than the pins used in 10-pin bowling.

Duckpin bowling is a variation of 10-pin bowling.

Duckpin balls are 43⁄4 in (12 cm) to 5 in (12.7 cm) in diameter (slightly larger than a softball), weigh 3 lb 6 oz (1.5 kg) to 3 lb 12 oz (1.7 kg) each, and lack finger holes. They are thus significantly smaller than those used in ten-pin bowling but are slightly larger and heavier than those used in candlepin bowling.

Duckpins, though arranged in a triangular fashion identical to that used in ten-pin bowling, are shorter, smaller, and lighter than their ten-pin equivalents, which makes it more difficult to achieve a strike. For this reason, similar to candlepin bowling, the bowler is allowed three rolls per frame (not two rolls per frame as in ten-pin bowling).

from Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duckpin_bowling

Cativelense likes this.
  18. Jan 23, 2019 at 2:14 AM
    Skierrichy

Skierrichy MadRad

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Willington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD
    To many, but never done
    Either day works for me:thumbsup:

19. Jan 23, 2019 at 2:30 AM
    Cativelense

Member:
    First Name:
    Nuno
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Morning everyone. Happy hump day.

TOMB and MikefromCT like this.
  20. Jan 23, 2019 at 2:38 AM
    vssman

vssman Rocket Engineer

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Naugatuck, CT
    Vehicle:
    2013 SR5 double cab
    Good morning all.

TOMB, MikefromCT and Cativelense like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top