1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey from Canada, lookin for a 1st gen.

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by jeetS, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Jul 31, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    jeetS

jeetS [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Hey, just found this site.

Im looking for a first gen. 4x4 3.4L manual trans. not too picky about the rest of details....gotta have a back seat....Tryin to learn as much as I can about these trucks.

Ive looked a bit in the local ads and it seems that these trucks are pretty expensive in Canada. At least in BC anyway.

want to know how much I should expect to spend for a clean truck with around 100k-150k Miles.

Im replacing my 98 Dakota v8 4x4. Its got 270kms (170k miles) on it and I dont think its gonna last too much longer lol. terrible on fuel too 12MPG

Im a Toyota guy at heart, my wife drives a 05 Corolla XRS and my toy is a 85 Corolla GTS with a mr2 supercharged 1.6L I just finished swapping in.

:D

2. Jul 31, 2010 at 8:25 PM
    kato

kato Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kelowna
    Vehicle:
    tacoma SR5
    i know what you are going through. I live in kelowna, and have always wanted one of these trucks. So when the opportunity arose i took it. Since than i know that i paid too much, but oh well, can't cry over spilt milk.

When i purchased my 2000 tacoma. it had 116,000 km on it, was an automatic, 4X4 with cruise control, and a 3" lift. i paid $14500.00.

Hope this gives you a benchmark to compare to. I would suggest in your case to consider going down to portland, or washington somewhere. There seems to be loads of them down there and they don't carry as high a price tag as they do up here. Just know that you will be taxed at the border a bit.

Hope this helps. PM me if you have any other questions
    Kato

3. Aug 7, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    jeetS

jeetS [OP] Active Member

Member:
    ya thats definitely a thought. Wonder how hard it would be to change the instrument panel to kms instead of miles.....not that it really matters...

4. Aug 7, 2010 at 8:41 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    2002 XtraCab TRD 4x4 Auto Trans With Lots of Mods King Extended Travel COs Camburg Uniball UCAs Alcan Custom 8-Leaf Rear Spring Packs Fox 2.0 Resi Rear Shocks FrankenFab Rear Shock Relocate All-Pro U-bolt Flip w/Timbren bumps Toytec 1" Extended Shackle 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker ARB Twin Compressor 15x8 D Window Steelies 33" BFG KM2s Limited Edition Relentless Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch Rugged Ridge 3" LED Pods w/Amber covers Mini D2S Projectors XB35 Ballasts + 4500K Bulbs Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Whynter 65 qt. Fridge/Freezer CVT Mt Bachelor RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack GM 140 amp alternator Dual Northstar 24F AGM batteries BlueSea 7622 ML-ACR Battery controller Peak DBI Dual Battery Voltage Monitor Magnaflow 18" Muffler Braided Steel Brake Lines AFE Pro Dry S air filter ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Kenwood TM-71A Dual Band Ham Radio Larson 70CM/2M Antenna Uniden 520xl CB radio 3' Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1" Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    You will not be able to find a 1st gen double cab (back seat) with a manual transmission. They didn't make them, only automatics.

The xtracab model does have a couple of small pads (with seat belts) in the back but is only suitable for small children. Not really a true back seat. The xtracab is available with a manual transmission.

5. Aug 8, 2010 at 3:19 PM
    jeetS

jeetS [OP] Active Member

Member:
    well looks like the xtra cab is the way to go then. I never gotta ride in the back so no big deal!

6. Aug 8, 2010 at 5:02 PM
    crazyasu45

crazyasu45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCLB 4X4 TRD SPORT
    3" SUSPENSION LIFT
    x2 I also paid a little more than I wanted too...But then again I was looking for the right Taco for over a year...They were asking $16,500.00 and after all said and done ended up paying 13K w/145xxx Km...I am very happy with my purchase :D I factored in the professionally installed 5-1/2" lift and New Wheels/Tires I was going to do anyways into the price...

7. Aug 8, 2010 at 5:03 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Quite an experience to live in fear , isn't it ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    BC rep ! Welcome !

8. Aug 8, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    jeetS

jeetS [OP] Active Member

Member:
    craigslist the best place to buy?

9. Aug 9, 2010 at 8:56 AM
    vantaco

vantaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 Taco Xtracab TRD Step Side
    i've been looking all over craiglist (i'm in vancouver) there's very little options here in BC

start looking at washington state/oregon etc

To Top