1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

hey hoosiertaco!! how's it going (with new bow)?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by aficianado, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Jul 12, 2010 at 1:47 PM
    aficianado

aficianado [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    friend of mine just arrowed a 5x4 blacktail. not a bad deer for our area.

pigs? funny you should ask. google "pig hunting - Lake Sonoma". i have been hunting there for a few years. havent put on the the back of my tacoma yet, but i am getting close. my friend with the deer, was whispering in my ear, "SHOOT!"..i was at full draw waiting for a better angle. i hit the pig perfectly, but the angling towards me thing was too much for my arrow. it broke off 8" into him..he ran off..that same friend shot him a week later..he was mounting a sow. that lake is thick with them. very very difficult to hunt. public land and FREE! the season is oct to march..i think. changes a bit ever year.

there is an organized $400 dollar hunt on a neighboring property..in oct. on Jesse's hunting website.

lemme know, if you want to come down. i'd be delighted to show you around. it is in the middle of sonoma's wine country. wine tasting, pig hunting.

2. Aug 16, 2010 at 6:37 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    hey aficianado, just seen this:eek:

it's going pretty well. I sure love this Z7!!! Looks like yours is tuned and ready!!

I think I may need a twist or two on the string, all the stretching should be done. Been on a couple vacations so I haven't been around here much.....actually been on AT more lately trying to get all lined up.

I've got the QAD Ultra because I got a good deal on it and it seems ok. I really wanted a WB, but we'll see.

I'm setup for KE and not speed right now and I sure do miss my speed, but this thing is burying the arrows in the targets, had to buy an arrow puller to help remove arrows. (I use soap too)

Products Discussed in

To Top