1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey i got a 96 taco and i would like to pull the stock stereo

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by morskor, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Jan 20, 2009 at 2:37 PM
    morskor

morskor [OP] New Member

Member:
    victoria bc
    Vehicle:
    tacoma
    Hey i was wondering if anyone had some advice on removing the stock system i did it my self on my old 4 runner and it took like an hour and a half and well i was wondering if anyone had a quick way plz and thnx

2. Jan 20, 2009 at 2:43 PM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    I'm guessing you mean the radio? It's pretty easy. You will have to remove the plastic surround , which has the cupholders and AC vents. To do that, remove all the little knobs for the AC system, take a pocket knife or something and pry the plastic cover that shows the cold/warm indicators for the AC system. Underneath are screws that hold the surround in place. Pry it off carefully. The AC button is just plugged in and will pop right out. Once you get that off, you'll see some more screws for getting the radio out. The radio and little compartment above it are screwed together and comes out in one piece. The screws holding the radio in are on the side. Remove them then wallah- the radio comes out.

First time i did it was a pain in the ass because I didn't know how to remove the surround. That'd probably the hardest part.

To Top