1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey TW! Lets see your knives!

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by twistax, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Jun 23, 2013 at 6:51 AM
    CASTRATE

CASTRATE Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    SW of Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 SR5 6spd
    [​IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]
    The fixed blade is a COYE RIDGBACK. The folder is a COYE AREA 10. They are hand made in Tulsa, OK.

2. Jun 23, 2013 at 7:06 AM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    I pull it apart whenever I feel it needs it, if it has ridden in my pocket for a few months I won't bother, if I use it somewhere that will get it nasty I will pull it apart....it was used to cut an ice dream cake not too long ago so I've decided it needs it

I'll get some more pictures sometime today for you

3. Jun 23, 2013 at 7:23 AM
    WPDAWG11

WPDAWG11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Murfreesboro
    Vehicle:
    2005 4x4 5spd 4cyl
    Need suggestions
    Lost 2 mini reflex benchmade autos in the creek so now I keep cheaper knives. I like the one I use now the gerber gator

[​IMG]

4. Jun 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    Yota33

Yota33 Cajun Yotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Lake Charles, LA
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport
    5% Tint on all windows
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372011746.149463.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372011756.330698.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372011768.616405.jpg
    From top to bottom. Les Stroud "survival" knife with flint. SOG Pentagon Mini. And Gerber Folding tanto
    These are with or by me always. Ill find my others and post

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  5. Jun 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    EZ Bake

EZ Bake Active Member

Member:
    South of Tulsa
    Vehicle:
    2013 Double-Cab TRD Sport
    I didn't know Bill had started making folders. That's pretty awesome man.

6. Jun 27, 2013 at 2:24 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21372368160.701357.jpg

Sold a couple knives to pay for some of this lol... I held my FFL dealers (also friend's) Sebenza 21... And I was like this is a gorgeous and well built knife... I'm not saying that its the end all be all knife but I can see the craftsmanship involved... So I picked up Sebenza 25

7. Jun 27, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    crazyengineer

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    I really don't like you right now

How do you like it compared to the 21?

I love my 21 and want to get my hands on a 25

8. Jun 27, 2013 at 4:09 PM
    CASTRATE

CASTRATE Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabe
    SW of Tulsa, OK
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 SR5 6spd
    I'm assuming you're the same EZ Bake from OSA? This one is the AREA 10. I bought the second one of maybe 5-10 made. He discontinued the AREA 10, and is now making one called WHISKEY 2. I'm actually about to get a WHISKEY 2. They are selling like hot cakes. If you have a Facebook, he is listed as Coye Knives. He posts up his knives on a regular basis

9. Jun 27, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    I'm hating myself right now for the amount I paid haha... But this thing has got some amazing workman ship... I really love how the frame lock really LOCKS in the blade and how smooth the pivot is... For me when I held the 21 and 25 and I think a few other people who own Chris reeves knives have said the same thing... Is the added finger groves in the handle gives you more comfortable and possible a stronger hold (not sure if that's all true about the second part lol) on the knife... I couldn't believe how hard it was to find but I found it on truenorthknives.com ... Ordered it weds and got it today and that was standard shipping too!!!

10. Jun 28, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    crazyengineer

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    Ya, since it came out not too long ago, it has been hard to find the 25s because of demand. I was kicking myself a bit over what I paid for mine too...carry it for a few months and you won't regret buying it lol

I bought mine to use and I use it. The titanium feels a lot more comfortable after the rough texture from bead blasting wears off, it is a little smoother, and much more comfortable, it also takes an interesting wear pattern

11. Jun 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Hell yea man... I'm not a firm believer in pay a shit ton of money for something and not getting my money's worth out of it... It's so smooth upon opening... My biggest plus about both my strider and Sebenza is that the frame lockup is amazing.. I Mean this blade will not move for shit... And you notice that more with the higher end knives... I have also notice now the significance of "jimping" pretty amazing if ya ask me... Lol

12. Jun 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM
    crazyengineer

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    I like the jumping on my sebenza, it's not too much like on some knives, it's just enough

Have you taken your 25 apart yet?

13. Jun 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    I also admit I'm starting to become a real fan of the Framelock... Although there is nothing wrong with my ZT, Emerson, or spiderco their is something about that consistent lock over a liner lock...

No I haven't taken it apart... Should I??? Since I just got it???

14. Jun 28, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    crazyengineer

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    First thing I did was take mine apart...just because I wanted to see all the pieces etc...

Don't really need to though, they are designed to be able to take them apart for cleaning etc...

The CRK grease is awesome as well. In about to take mine apart to clean it, I will post some pictures of it apart. They are really simple to take apart. A bit of warning though. When you tighten the screws back, don't do it to right, especially the pocket clip screw, I torqued mine a little too much and snapped the head off of it, which CRK fixed for me

15. Jun 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Cool good to know man thanks... Yea I like how they appeal to the user in simple disassembly and care of the knife...

How is the pocket clip for you... When keeping it in the pocket... Is their much movement..???

16. Jun 28, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    crazyengineer

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    Disassembly is a breeze, is watch a couple of YouTube videos on it, makes it even easier lol

[​IMG]

The pocket clip on mine stays put and doesn't move around too much. That being said, I have caught it on things and bent it out causing it to be very loose. I would recommend taking the clip off and just bending it back if you bend it out (I caught mine on a couch).

And on a side note, I forgot how smooth these are after cleaning

17. Jun 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Dude that's really bad ass!! Thanks for all the answers and pics man... I think I might just give it a shot lol

18. Jun 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    crazyengineer

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    No problem, I'm a sucker for CRK, I love my large 21, but I am getting the feeling that I would like a large regular or large 25 better....I need to find some in my area to try lol

19. Jun 28, 2013 at 4:16 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    So I was gonna send in my dads old stryker to bm to get it cleaned and tuned up....but apparently if you don't have the paperwork credentials with the autos they keep them......haha

Anyone have a good way of cleaning off old solidifies grease from spring mechanisms?

20. Jun 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM
    crazyengineer

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    I'd check blade forums, they should have some good answers for ya (good thing ya didn't send it in without finding that out lol)

Do you have an ultrasonic cleaner by chance? That might work. You could also try pulling it apart yourself since you can't send it back (I don't know how complex the autos are)

One of the dental sprayers would work too I would think.

If it were me I would find a friend with the right credentials lol

To Top