1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey yall, about to buy a japanese automobile!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by i drive a truck, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Apr 24, 2010 at 3:45 PM
    SoCaliSnowboarder77

SoCaliSnowboarder77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Valencia, Ca
    Vehicle:
    09 GSXR 600 & Snowboarders Hauler
    4x4 OFF-ROAD... that is all I need...
    Only problem is my radio display shows weird characters. Other than that, it's good. The tail gate is pretty strong considering 3 of my fat friends (over 200 pounds each) sat on it and didn't break or bend.

I got the 4x4 and it gets 18-19 mpg mixed driving (65% highway/35% city)... going 80 - 90 mph on the freeway.

2. Apr 24, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    Not in the US anyway. I saw a bunch of 4 door Rangers while in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands.

3. Apr 24, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    Riceman

Riceman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ellijay, GA
    Vehicle:
    04 Ford Ranger FX4
    I think its everywhere but US and Canada. Most, if not all of Latin and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have 4 door Rangers. South America and Europe at least also have diesel Rangers. Ford has really dropped the ball on the domestic Ranger.

4. Apr 25, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    i drive a truck

i drive a truck [OP] New Member

Member:
    north georgia
    Vehicle:
    dont got it yet
    first mods when i get truck: -remove mudflaps -mud on truck
    hey guys i havent made it back since starting the thread and it looks like theres a lot thats been going on since then! there is some great helpful information, some not helpful information, and looks like the chAir Force members formed a lynch mob.

I never really thought of getting a Ranger but that idea of a turbo T-100 is interesting. Tere was talk of a small diesel engine for the new F150s but they have decided on a turbocharged 6 cyl as an upcoming "green" option! pretty crazy. speaking of diesel, when will we be getting a diesel tacoma like that piece of shit hilux they make in south america?

I know the toyotas are made over here in the states sometimes, thats not my issue (and my issue isnt even that big). I would just prefer to support an american-owned company rather than a foreign one, i dont have any opinion on who makes a better vehicle. I will be buying used so it wont matter much, if I were someone who buys new vehicles then you better believe I will be giving that $30k to Ford, Dodge, or Chevy. I love my ford, its a great truck, but just cant afford a fullsize when i dont need hauling power anymore.

ANYWAY, back to the frustrations you have. I havent heard of the tailgate issue so i will have to do a search on that one. doesnt sound like something that would turn me away, but some of these TSBs get expensive! after reading like 50 posts i cant remember many of the other issues yall mentioned, except those by the fruits, nuts, and flakes of the west coast. i wont even go there with you people. my momma told me if you wrestle a pig you get dirty and he likes it.

thanks again for the help guys! Im from Ellijay, i noticed some guys from blue ridge and one from ellijay too i think. anyway later!

5. Apr 25, 2010 at 9:56 AM
    dwalden2

dwalden2 HBTFD

Member:
    First Name:
    Derick
    Blue Ridge, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '05 TRD Offroad V6 6 spd
    SCS Stealth 6 Wheels, 285/70/17 STT Pros, Demello Offroad front bumper, 20" LED Bar, LED Fogs, LED interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Body Armour Rear Bumper, Smittybilt 10K winch, 3" OME Lift
    Ellijay...awesome! The tailgateis just weak...some guys have had it bend in the middle when loading somethin heavy on it (motorcycles, things like that). If you get one try to get one still under warranty, that way the tsb will be covered and get it taken care of for free :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top