1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey you northern state property tax payers WTF?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Kingfrog, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Feb 12, 2011 at 1:52 AM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    btw, I pay about $2200 a year for 1/5 an acre and 1000 sqft house in Bremerton, WA

2. Feb 12, 2011 at 5:00 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    My property taxes are :crazy: expensive.
    The VT State Gov't adopted Act 60 which guarantees equal education for every community regardless of tax base so some towns are deemed "rich".
    The city treasurer takes the education portion of our tax rate & sends to the State Treasurer who redistributes to the not so rich towns for their education systems. That action triggered rich towns to vote in extra local sales taxes. Now there is an extra 1-2% added to the our 6% state sales tax on purchases.
    I wish I lived in NH. Live free or Die.

3. Feb 12, 2011 at 6:19 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Oh...and I pay about 950 a year for my 1800sq ft house and 1/3rd an acre.

4. Feb 12, 2011 at 6:32 AM
    chopper

chopper ky taco

Member:
    First Name:
    chop
    stanton,kentucky
    Vehicle:
    05 taco reg cab 4x4
    dura tracs, debadged, weathertech floormats, removed mudflaps,black paint wheels,k&n air intake.
    I pay 750 dollars a year in east kentucky for 2300 sq ft house and 6 acres!

5. Feb 12, 2011 at 6:43 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    I live 5 minutes from Clifton.north jersey is crazy high for a couple of reasons.first jersey just sucks the life out of you.were your brother lives is only 5-10 minutes from NYC.its way cheaper to live in nj than NYC.the state knows that and and takes advantage of it. you go north in bergan county you get into the mansions and all the celeberities.I'm from the lower part of bergan county where your paying $7k to $30k for taxes.the local towns spend crazy money on stupid shit and get away with it,so the taxes keep going up.ask your brother if he heard about the $4million dollar pool lyndhurst put in?WHY THE FUCK DO THEY NEED A $4 Million dollar pool?police officers make $100,000 a year for these little shit towns where nothing happens.chiefs and sergeants make close to $200k a year.you have teachers that make close to $100k a year.principles make close to $200k a year.we live in an area where people make stupid money and the state knows it and just rapes us for our money.im from lyndhurst my whole life.my dad pays $13k a year for his house.he is retired and doesn't owe
    money on the house.how do they except people to survive here?my father is going to sell his house cuz it's getting out of control here.i couldn't afford a house in bergan county.I'm in Passaic county like your brother.

6. Feb 12, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    Kingfrog

Kingfrog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail Edition
    Undercover,Pop n Lock, Hardwired GPS, Garage door opener , Scanguage II, wireless back up camera, X994 Basslink, ...Prefer stock and non invasive functional mods
    Yeah my brother is pissed when he sees Rochelle Park cops retiring at 55 with $80k pensions and never saw anything more than traffic tickets because he knows he is paying for it. He has been a lifelong Democrat to the bone and recently voted Red all the way down the ballot and will continue to do so until things change and Government paid employees are not living in Saddlebrook. LOL He LOVES Christie while government employees predictably cannot stand him. But Christie is right. You cannot pay teachers millions in pensions who did not pay close to that into the system. Pension funds cannot continue break the backs of non government workers in property taxes.

More people are moving out of NJ and states California than moving in. That does not bode well for state coffers and those who stay.

People complain and say Red states collect more than they pay out in federal funds but they neglect to mention the very high population of poor minorities that live in those states the left panders to. California has the highest amount of welfare recipients of any state BECAUSE of population.

I hope the good people of NJ and elect common sense reps. We have a lot of transplants here but they hate the slow lifestyle...LOL Too used to hustle bustle. Southerners know how to live as far as I am concerned. Work to live. Many would not even know a Lexus from a Camry..In fact there are no Lexus, Infinity dealers or Acura in Myrtle beach. Not enough Northern transplants to buy them and know what they are LOL..

7. Feb 12, 2011 at 11:38 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    I'm not saying that they don't need supervision. I'm saying its out of control. And the military has their belt cinched one HELL of a lot compared to the civilian force. And maybe its different in your tactical world, and that is a lot of people, but its different elsewhere.

I'm no neophyte, Lt. Roll up to DLI (assuming you're at NPS) and check out the thousands of "linguists" milling around. They are extra bodies. You ever have a cti aboard, so they can sit in their rack, not doing anything. Well, at least the navy has vessels they can put them on. The other services do not. You can chalk a lot up to safety of navigation or whatever their job is called, but not so much on an aircraft. I've been there. Find one of those CTI's in 10 years and let em tell you what they did with their career. OR what their career did with them. Their true employer has no place for them, but, turns out, they're a civilian farm, for every like 100 of them you get someone that gets hired to their parent. Without that, its too hard to get an analyst with foreign language background (we won't get into if that gets used at all) that can carry a clearance. There's nothing about that process that I'm unaware. I've been from intercept operator to the "mother ship".

I may bring my hate of the inefficiency of the system to a point of sounding crazy, but I assure you its from a place of knowledge. And if you didn't catch it, that was a metaphor used with the whole Lpo lcpo divo thing. Regardless, I work harder and accomplish more than just about everyone I work with and I do about jack crap. Wouldn't last a day with that work ethic if we were responsible for turning a profit or proving accomplishment.
    Again, easier for wrench turners. You have a broken thing, it gets fixed. Job done, measured and qualified.

And yes, we all know the enlisted man can't be trusted. I think the quote from either an army or navy officer manual was "they may be unintelligent but they are cunning" something like that.. maybe conniving.

8. Feb 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    It's gonna end up that way everywhere. The infrastructure of this country is aging fast. Water mains, sewer lines, roads, dams, bridges, schools ... all in need of major work ... and it's increasing fast. Somebody's going to end up paying.

Products Discussed in

To Top