1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HHO conversions

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by beedoola, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Aug 19, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    dustin scroggins

dustin scroggins Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    afd23a

As far as long term effect not sure if there were any I never noticed any issues, but then again I didn't tear down my engine to inspect it for any damage either. So I'm not sure of any.

2. Aug 19, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    No need to get your panties all in a bunch. We are a group of skeptics here, and we have every right to be. You can defend your case by pounding your keyboard until your fingers bleed. Flat out, we still won't believe you. Something like this needs concrete proof to even hold a candle around here. To be perfectly honest, we don't handle bullshit at all. You missed a shitstorm that rolled through just a couple days ago even. Show us some good stuff, and there will still be the skeptics, but many are likely to embrace the idea at least as a possible help to a common problem.

3. Aug 19, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    dustin scroggins

dustin scroggins Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    I'm in Silverdale.

4. Aug 19, 2011 at 3:18 PM
    dustin scroggins

dustin scroggins Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    I'm not pissed at all I'm just saying that if you don't try it urself you will never know. thats why I tried it.

5. Aug 19, 2011 at 3:25 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    And you are confident enough in it to install it in your tacoma as well... That is a goos start. Can you do me a favor then? Figure out your avg gas mileage on your tacoma for one entire week. Keep receipts, record mileage, etc. Install the unit. Then do approximately the same driving style and routes as you used before and report back to us. Solid evidence goes a long ways.

6. Aug 19, 2011 at 3:29 PM
    dustin scroggins

dustin scroggins Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Very true ill do just this, I know that for now im avg 13.8 mpg, and thats city and hwy combined.

7. Aug 19, 2011 at 3:30 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Look. It's as simple as this. I heard that there is no breathable air in space... it is supposed to be a scientific fact... I don't need to go into space to find this out as I'm pretty sure the whole scientific community of the planet is not feeding the masses some great lie. The fact is you have no facts, pictures or evidence of any kind, while the whole scientific world says that these devices simply do not work as you and others all over the net have claimed. This is also not the first thread on TW to have these devices mentioned. Here are some links to save others from searching, although I'm sure a more thorough search may turn up more.

Hydrogen help!

Gas Mileage solution: What do you think?

Hydrogen / Brown gas - does it Work?

Frank

8. Aug 23, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    dustin scroggins

dustin scroggins Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Well if you are so hell bent on insisting that I am wrong and that this is all just a waste of time why don't you try to prove us all wrong. Do your own experiment and show us it didn't work for you. Jack Nicholson made a old chevy in 1978 run soely on hydrogen. Just watch it on you tube.(jack nicholson hydrogen car) Just like when the Electric car was the big invention and the government and scientist shut that down because it worked and look at us now begging for this kind of stuff to better the economy and produce vehicles with no petrolium dependance.

9. Aug 23, 2011 at 7:51 PM
    malander

malander Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    max
    Vehicle:
    01 limited trd 4x4
    deck plate mod,jba cat back,bilstein 5100's,ome 883 springs, Allpro expos, allpro U-bolt flip kit, 10" Bilstien 5150 shocks, custom lower shock mounts
    Take these guys lightly. I would be interested in seeing a set up though, and that's all I really want. Its the Internet, and everyone has an opinion so just let em do what the want to do. I'd love some pics though and that's all I'm gonna say.

10. Aug 23, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    dustin scroggins

dustin scroggins Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
  11. Aug 24, 2011 at 2:35 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    I never said a hydrogen powered car would not work and had links to both the BMW and Honda you spoke of in a earlier post. Please learn to read if you want others to read what you have to say, or stand accused of being a troll. And just like your other examples, the car Jack Nicholson drove also has nothing to do with what you claim to be doing. None of these cars were powered by "producing" the hydrogen on board, they fueled up. So once again properly introduce yourself and show everyone pictures of what you have set up as you seem to be hell-bent on telling me I'm wrong, or be labeled a FRAUD.

Frank

12. Aug 28, 2011 at 11:12 AM
    beedoola

beedoola [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Francisco, CA
    Vehicle:
    01' Tacoma PreRunner 2.7
    I'm not sure if there are still as many DIY youtube videos of this out there but about 2 years ago I had seen quite a few with average Joes from across the US and I think in other countries demoing their conversions.

Perhaps these people had themselves fooled or were trying to fool others - most weren't making videos to sell products they made but were just showing people their work/that it was possible?

One could suggest that these people are just bored and want to fool with people but I find that really unlikely, especially if they're NOT selling something.

This argument shouldn't be used as proof alone but if enough people are out there claiming they have done it, and showing video of their setup, that should count for something.

Also, the reason we're not hearing about it on a large, open public scale is cause it obviously runs counter to the interests of those in the Petroleum business who pretty much own (by power and influence) whatever country they have play in.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hho+conversion&aq=5&oq=HHO+c

13. Aug 28, 2011 at 1:26 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    I really doubt the whole scientific community is in the back pocket of the petroleum interests. Did you look at any of the links I left in my posts?

Frank

14. Aug 28, 2011 at 1:43 PM
    beedoola

beedoola [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Francisco, CA
    Vehicle:
    01' Tacoma PreRunner 2.7
    I'm not sure the whole scientific community is researching or paying attention to the topic. I did see the links you provided; interesting/good refuting evidence from fellow posters.

I think putting any salesmen companies aside, lots of people seem to claim it is working - maybe they're just kidding themselves but given the history of suppressing things for profits, done by and participated by governments, companies, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if it was on the hush.

America rulez!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top