1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hi-Lift 4xRAC Install Pics?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Snyperx, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Apr 1, 2009 at 4:26 PM
    Snyperx

Snyperx [OP] Seniore Marcos

Member:
    Hi all!! I purchased the Hi-Lift 4xRAC to mount my 48" Hi-Lift and am now just getting around to installing it. I was wondering if anyone might have some pictures of the 4xRAC installed in the bed of their truck and if so could you post pictures and any tips for mounting it. Thanks!!!!!

2. Apr 1, 2009 at 5:56 PM
    Snyperx

Member:
    Bump. I did find one thread with a picture of the 4xRAC installed in the bed, but was hoping for some others. Not sure I want to drill holes in the composite bed.

3. Apr 1, 2009 at 5:59 PM
    tacoma08MZ

tacoma08MZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 4x4
    tinted head/tail lights-blacked out badges-3 inch tuff country lift 33 inch nittos-black steelies custom spare bed mount-hilift-weathertechs-kenwood dnx5120 dvdnav headunit-remote start-painted grille surround-fog lights-grillcraft black mesh grille
  4. Apr 1, 2009 at 5:59 PM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims
    silverback07 has his installed in the back of his truck if you want to check out his gallery.

I have yet to install mine as the weather outside is still really crappy.

The one tip I have gotten is to install back plates behind the mounts to act as giant washers.

Get some pics of the install when you do it though! That way it will help me haha!

5. Apr 1, 2009 at 6:02 PM
    tacoma08MZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 4x4
    tinted head/tail lights-blacked out badges-3 inch tuff country lift 33 inch nittos-black steelies custom spare bed mount-hilift-weathertechs-kenwood dnx5120 dvdnav headunit-remote start-painted grille surround-fog lights-grillcraft black mesh grille
    guess i should explain a little, it was a pain to mount there but thats were i wanted it. i had to lay under the truck and reach up through to slide the bolts through the holes. As dilsky said aboout the plates, there one about 3x8 1/4 steel plate behind each 2 bolts. maybe a little overkill but hey why not! any other questions ask!

6. Apr 1, 2009 at 6:04 PM
    Snyperx

Member:
    Can you get to the back of the composite material to put the back plates on? I guess I never looked/tried. I actually had fabbed up some brackets and used the mounting rails to mount them, but the jack kept bouncing into the bed causing really bad marring on bed, not to mention it sounding like shit every time it rattled. It also seemed to put some serious stress on the rails.

UPDATE: We must have posted at the same time....LOL!!

7. Apr 1, 2009 at 6:05 PM
    tacoma08MZ

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access Cab 4x4
    yea i had to again lay under the truck and reach up through the cab and the bed to put the plates on and bolts through. dont ask me how i managed that but i did

8. Apr 1, 2009 at 6:14 PM
    Snyperx

Member:
    I may just have to mount the jack on the side since you can get access to the back side much easier.

Products Discussed in

To Top