1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hi Lift Jack mounting in bed of truck

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DrRabbitFurHead, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Jul 9, 2009 at 3:11 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead [OP] Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    OK. I've seen some of you who have mounted a hi lift jack in the bed of your trucks and I'm looking for a parts list of what I need to mount the jack. I'm hoping I can incorporate a key lock to keep it from wandering off but definitely need a jack that can accomodate my lift and larger tires.

Any help, photos, parts lists, etc... would be appreciated and possibly copied. :D I haven't bought the jack yet, but am wondering if this alone is enough? http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/loc-rac.html I'm also considering various heights, I'm thinking Cast/Steel at either 42" or 48". Any recommendations for a 3" lift?

I'm also wondering about the keeper and if it works... http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/handle-keeper.html

I know that's a bunch of questions, but I'm trying to make sure I buy the right winch and mounting hardware the first time. TIA!

2. Jul 9, 2009 at 3:54 PM
    BeachBoy

BeachBoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    VT & QC
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC LB Sport+Leather
    Icon Extended COs / Camburg UCA / ATX Predator Teflon / Mickey Thompson MTZ / Color-Matched emblems / All-Pro Bumper & skids / Stubbs HD-SKO / Alcans custom leafs / U-Bolt flip / Icon rear resi shocks / Rear Bumper
    you def. need 48 or 60" i would recommend the 60 even if it's high.

I broke a valve stem and my friend had a 36" and it was very bad.. even a 48 would have been on the short side.

for mounting, there are a few write ups on the forums

3. Jul 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM
    BeachBoy

BeachBoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    VT & QC
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC LB Sport+Leather
    Icon Extended COs / Camburg UCA / ATX Predator Teflon / Mickey Thompson MTZ / Color-Matched emblems / All-Pro Bumper & skids / Stubbs HD-SKO / Alcans custom leafs / U-Bolt flip / Icon rear resi shocks / Rear Bumper
    oh and get the true hi-lift, instead of the knock off "farmer's lift" or something like that, they are cast vs forged.. They are both good, but for the price difference, better get the best quality

a lift is quite dangerous so I prefer the safe side

4. Jul 10, 2009 at 2:44 AM
    DrRabbitFurHead

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Anyone got a link to the "forged" ones? Everything I see on hi-lift's site is cast "something". Even the $100 ones on Amazon don't say forged???

Also, all of the reports say that even though the jacks are powdercoated that they rust BAD. That's the last thing I wanted to hear. Drop $100+ on a high maintainance jack and it STILL rusts...

Is there a better option? Links and pics appreciated...

5. Jul 10, 2009 at 3:04 AM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
  6. Jul 10, 2009 at 3:22 PM
    DrRabbitFurHead

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    "Jack Pot"... well it was funny in my head...

THANKS!

To Top