1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hi-lift jack

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by duckcmdr, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Mar 11, 2009 at 11:19 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Any brand will do. What you're looking for is an adjustable jack-stand that is as high or slightly higher than your jacking points (from the ground to the axle etc.) They are more stable on the lower adjustment length.

2. Mar 12, 2009 at 6:50 AM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    I noticed the same thing...... The only way to get it is in that $100+ "kit", right? It's not sold by itself?

3. Nov 11, 2009 at 1:00 AM
    ETAV8R

ETAV8R Out DERP'n

Member:
    Republik of Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    MGM 09 AC 4WD V6 TRD-OR w/ Tradesman Shell
    Just the basics
    Thread revival...
    After a couple off road excursions, sometimes by myself I am in doubt that the stock jack would be useful in an off road situation. So I am thinking about getting a suitable jack for those conditions. I'd like to have it mounted like this one but want to make sure my undercover can close properly.

What are the alternatives to the Hi-lift jack? What do I need to mount it as shown? Thanks

4. Nov 11, 2009 at 7:08 AM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    Also, the ARB air jack... Whatever it's called. That ball thing you wedge under the frame and connect to the exhaust...

Edit:
    this thing: http://arbusa.com/Products/Tow-Straps-And-Recovery-Gear/Exhaust-Jacks/46.aspx

5. Nov 11, 2009 at 7:43 AM
    piercedtiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    Parking brake doesn't do jack if you're lifting the rear and don't have it in 4wd. The front can still roll if you don't chock those wheels. Better to chock the wheels that aren't leaving the ground and not rely on the parking brake. :thumbsup:

6. Nov 11, 2009 at 8:18 AM
    piercedtiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, at least with 4WD engaged the rear wheels being locked by the brakes also lock the front wheels through the drive shafts. Without 4WD engaged (or on a 2WD truck) the front wheels are still free to roll despite having the parking brake set. Also, sometimes you can still roll with the parking brake engaged if it's not tight enough. Best to just shove a rock, block of wood, etc on either side of the front wheels and be safe. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top