1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'Hiccup' problem with K&N cold air intake! fixable?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by Soccerdallin, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Feb 17, 2012 at 12:59 AM
    Soccerdallin

Soccerdallin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dallin
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 3.4L V6 4X4
    Magnaflow exhaust w/ tip, 18" Rockstars, AEM CAI, TB Spacer, Billet Grille, Limo tint, LED tail lights, 20,000k HID headlights + Blue LED strips, debadged, Jl Audio Subs in custom box, 6X8 speakers with tweeters, sony deck.
    Hello!

I installed a K&N cold air FIPK and a TB spacer as well like a week ago. I love the noise and extra power I've gained and better MPG, but sometimes when I'm floorin' it, the engine seems to studder. This doesn't happen often luckily. I might just take it in to the shop.. love the products but don't like the occasional 'hiccups' I get when I'm accelerating fast. Kind of seems to counteract the point of buying it....right? haha

Thanks! :D

IMAG0651.jpg

2. Feb 17, 2012 at 1:28 AM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad custom LT kit with King coilovers and bypasses, Deaver J59 leaf packs with custom 8 inch shackles and Bilstein 7100 12" travel shocks, 16x8 Eagle Alloy 137s, 285-75-16 BFG KM2s, custom front bumper and skid, Procomp H911 foglights, custom rear bumper and spare tire carrier, bed bar, Engage Offroad custom chase light rack, Icom V8000 radio
    maybe you are running too lean now?

with the intake and a throttle body, you get the increased air flow, but your injectors are still flowing at the same rate...

did you disconnect the battery when you installed the intake? i think the instructions tell you to... it resets your ECU and with the new air/fuel ratio, it will reset itself...

i had a similar issue when i first put my CAI and resetting the truck stopped the issues...

3. Feb 17, 2012 at 1:32 AM
    Soccerdallin

Soccerdallin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dallin
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 3.4L V6 4X4
    Magnaflow exhaust w/ tip, 18" Rockstars, AEM CAI, TB Spacer, Billet Grille, Limo tint, LED tail lights, 20,000k HID headlights + Blue LED strips, debadged, Jl Audio Subs in custom box, 6X8 speakers with tweeters, sony deck.
    Hmmm..pretty sure I disconnected the battery while I installed everything, but maybe I'm wrong.
    I'll disconnect the battery for a while and then connect it and hope it helps.
    I've read that the MAS could have something to do with it, but I made sure that it's secure.

I'll try that out and hope it works.

To Top