1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'Hiccup' problem with K&N cold air intake! fixable?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Soccerdallin, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Feb 17, 2012 at 12:59 AM
    Soccerdallin

Soccerdallin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dallin
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 3.4L V6 4X4
    Magnaflow exhaust w/ tip, 18" Rockstars, AEM CAI, TB Spacer, Billet Grille, Limo tint, LED tail lights, 20,000k HID headlights + Blue LED strips, debadged, Jl Audio Subs in custom box, 6X8 speakers with tweeters, sony deck.
    Hello!

I installed a K&N cold air FIPK and a TB spacer as well like a week ago. I love the noise and extra power I've gained and better MPG, but sometimes when I'm floorin' it, the engine seems to studder. This doesn't happen often luckily. I might just take it in to the shop.. love the products but don't like the occasional 'hiccups' I get when I'm accelerating fast. Kind of seems to counteract the point of buying it....right? haha

Thanks! :D

IMAG0651.jpg

2. Feb 17, 2012 at 1:28 AM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    maybe you are running too lean now?

with the intake and a throttle body, you get the increased air flow, but your injectors are still flowing at the same rate...

did you disconnect the battery when you installed the intake? i think the instructions tell you to... it resets your ECU and with the new air/fuel ratio, it will reset itself...

i had a similar issue when i first put my CAI and resetting the truck stopped the issues...

3. Feb 17, 2012 at 1:32 AM
    Soccerdallin

Soccerdallin [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dallin
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    04 SR5 3.4L V6 4X4
    Magnaflow exhaust w/ tip, 18" Rockstars, AEM CAI, TB Spacer, Billet Grille, Limo tint, LED tail lights, 20,000k HID headlights + Blue LED strips, debadged, Jl Audio Subs in custom box, 6X8 speakers with tweeters, sony deck.
    Hmmm..pretty sure I disconnected the battery while I installed everything, but maybe I'm wrong.
    I'll disconnect the battery for a while and then connect it and hope it helps.
    I've read that the MAS could have something to do with it, but I made sure that it's secure.

I'll try that out and hope it works.

To Top