1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HID Driving Lights with Projector Retro

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jeverich, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Apr 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM
    jeverich

jeverich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    PNW/Kodiak
    Vehicle:
    07 2.7 4x4
    OME 886/Old Man Doug Suspension Lift, ARB Bumper, Bruteforce High Clearance w/Swing Out, De-badge, Block Heater, Homemade IFS Skid, 7" Kragens, Blue Seas Fuse Block, BlitzPro Fogs, 12k BadLands Winch, BAMF Sliders, ARB Locker, 4.88s Yaesu FT-1900R, Larsen 150B NMO Mount Antenna
    Interested to see if anyone else is running auxiliary driving/spot lights with a projector retrofit. If so, what are you running?

Have 55W FX-Rs, with 4300 45122+ Bulbs...

Would like to get lights that will add more illumination, not just get washed out and lost in the absolute UFO brightness that I've got now. Seems as though an HID retro in Hella 500s would be pretty much pointless.

Contemplating picking up some Rigid Dually's in the flood pattern. The foreground limiter in the FX-Rs is pretty far out and has taken a little getting used to. Would really like to adapt the Dually's to fit in the fog light cut outs on my ARB.

2. Apr 23, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    Yota Toy

Yota Toy Taco Sauce

Member:
    FX retros, Blazer fog-light retro, JVC KW-NT30HD head unit, Pioneer 6X9's in front doors, Pioneer 6.5's in rear doors, two Pioneer 12" subs in sealed boxes, Sony X-Plod amp, Hidden Hitch trailer hitch, EGR window visors, two PIAA low-tone horns, Westin light bar with two 100-watt KC low profile driving lights.
    I have the same setup as you and I went with the RI Dually D2's. A word of advice, stay away from the "flood pattern", you want the driving pattern. The driving pattern lights are plenty floody...

Products Discussed in

To Top