1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

hid fog lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by gstrunak, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    gstrunak

gstrunak [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    GREG
    pa
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma trd
    halo headlights
    does anyone know where i get get some blue hid fog light to match by headlights??

2. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:04 PM
    AriZonaD54

AriZonaD54 BANNED in 49 states...

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    PM forum member "SlimCubby"

3. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:06 PM
    lookylookitzadam

lookylookitzadam Retrofit Club!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 DC OffRoad
  4. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:10 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
  5. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    I've had great experiences with ddm, but regardless of where/who you buy from, 35 watt 6000k will give you a light blue, or 8000k will give you a darker blue.

6. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:23 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    Why would you want a blue fog? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

I hate DDMtunning, they have terrible customer service even if you walk into their store front!!!!!!!!!!! The product is cheap, they are a bunch of idiots and jackasses.

7. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:25 PM
    lookylookitzadam

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 DC OffRoad

Their service isnt the greatest, but they have been able to always have what i need in stock when I go there. I get my parts in a few minutes and I am on my way. I have gotten about 4 sets of bulbs and 3 ballast sets, no problems so far.

I heard the real problems come into play when you want to return stuff.

What happened with them and you?

8. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:51 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    First day I go there to get the lights the guy (the Asian guy, sorry I don't know his name) is kind of a jerk and not very friendly, but I thought h"hey its the end of the day, What ever." This was this past tuesday the 27th.

Then I I'm playing with the lights after I installed them and one is flickering so i go back the next day to see what they have to say. So I go in there and i wait 10 minutes before one of the two guys finally realizes we need help, then they send me to the other door where customer service is. I didn't know there was a separate person for that. They say to switch the ballasts to see if it is the bulb or the ballast. The customer service people are are fine and I'm not hating on them at all.

So I switch them right outside of the store and they don't flicker so I think it is solved so I go home. Then later that day I go driving around and find out the now the flicker has followed the ballast and it is more of a swriling pattern then an on/off flicker.

The next day (so this is Friday after noon) I go back and talk to the same service guy and he says go take out the ballast and give it to the one of the guys up front. So I bring it in and the white guy this time helps me and I tell him the whole story of the flicker and he still says he wants to test it. I say alright and he plugs the ballast in to one of the bulbs on the shelf for like 5 seconds and he come to the conclusion that the ballast is good. I tell him that it takes alot longer than 5 seconds and it takes about 5 minutes. I also tell him what kind of flicker was happening and then he tries to argue with me that it is impossible for it to flicker like that. Then he test it and puts the light on the floor that is still in it's plastic case and melts it to the floor. Then finally he was not going to warranty the ballast, but the Asian guy helped me and warrantied it.

So the moral is that these people can't understand that to see the flicker the bulb needs to be in a housing that has a reflector in it and when I said it was in an offroad light, they have no idea what I was talking about.

Sorry for my rant/thread jack. just trying to warn people of what terrible service they have.

9. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    lookylookitzadam

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 DC OffRoad
    That does suck indeed. Yea, for mainly selling lights, the really are kinda inept about lights. I have had good service there, but from what I can tell, most people dont. They do take a long time if you arent the only one there. That is for sure. Luckily for me its been fast, but I had a friend wait 45 minutes to get some stuff.

10. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    Before all of this the first day I was going to buy two sets of HIDs for my two sets of offroad lights on my light bar, but decided to go one set at a time to see how well they worked. I'll tell ya that I will never buy another set for the other set of lights from them ever again.

OP I hope you have better luck than me.

11. Jul 31, 2010 at 10:20 PM
    Kyle

Kyle Mckeown343

Member:
    Arcata
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner
    3 inch toytec, magnaflow exhaust, KNN intake, URD MAF, HID 55 watt, Hella 500 HID, Smoked tail lights LED running lights, Pioneer deck with 8 inch infinity sub, Focal 165VB and 165CVX with JL 320/4, Tinted all around 3%, Tinted interior lights.
    I am having the same problem with one of my hella 500FF. So was it a flickering light almost like the light was getting brighter and dimmer but really fast. If so did the new ballast fix the problem? Thanks !

12. Jul 31, 2010 at 10:27 PM
    Kyle

Kyle Mckeown343

Member:
    Arcata
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner
    3 inch toytec, magnaflow exhaust, KNN intake, URD MAF, HID 55 watt, Hella 500 HID, Smoked tail lights LED running lights, Pioneer deck with 8 inch infinity sub, Focal 165VB and 165CVX with JL 320/4, Tinted all around 3%, Tinted interior lights.
    Bump

13. Jul 31, 2010 at 10:28 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    Ya the ballast fixed it but first try to switch the two ballast then which ever thing it follows(either if the same light flickers after the switch then it is the bulb but if the oher bulb flickers then its the ballast), then I would call Heela (if that is the brand of HIDs they are) and tell them what the problem is and have them fix it.

Products Discussed in

To Top