1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

High idle problem.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Fabulous, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Sep 15, 2010 at 10:11 AM
    Fabulous

Fabulous [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    Homertaco grill, Light Racing UCA's, 2.8" front lift (5100's at 0.85 setting and Eibach springs) 2" AAL with rear 5100's, Wet Okole seat covers fr/ bk. 17 x 9 Incubus Crusher wheels w/ 4.5" backspacing. 30% tinted front windows.
  2. Sep 15, 2010 at 10:16 AM
    DocBrown86

DocBrown86 Yota Doc

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    San Diego (Spring Valley)
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner
    toytec coil spacers, tokicko struts/dubcab springs, energy suspension rack bushings, bilstien hd shocks, K&N FIPK2, Flowmaster 50DF, ScanGuage2, 5000k HID's, horn mod, other stuff that I forgot to list
    Since you had your battery disconnected, I'd say your ECU needs to re-learn your driving habits.

EDIT: didnt notice you said 6 days ago.

Its normal for standard trans Toyotas to hold RPM when clutch in. It extends cat converter life. Should have nothing to do with your lift/alignment.

EDIT: RE-RE-read your other post :rofl:

You just started driving it after you had the battery disconnected. Your ECU needs to re-learn everything (shift points/throttle pos/etc.) Take it for a 20 min drive, everything should be back to normal.

3. Sep 15, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    Fabulous

Fabulous [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    Homertaco grill, Light Racing UCA's, 2.8" front lift (5100's at 0.85 setting and Eibach springs) 2" AAL with rear 5100's, Wet Okole seat covers fr/ bk. 17 x 9 Incubus Crusher wheels w/ 4.5" backspacing. 30% tinted front windows.
    Cool. It'll have to wait until after the alignment as it is way off. I wondered if it was that as well as the drive I did yesterday was a short trip to the car wash, then to the grocery store, then home...maybe 4 km's total, but I caught every frigging red light! It never did it before when I disconnected the battery, but then again I was in my small hometown in BC, and there is only one red light. Hopefully that is what it is. Thanks for the help.

4. Sep 15, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    DocBrown86

DocBrown86 Yota Doc

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    San Diego (Spring Valley)
    Vehicle:
    04 Prerunner
    toytec coil spacers, tokicko struts/dubcab springs, energy suspension rack bushings, bilstien hd shocks, K&N FIPK2, Flowmaster 50DF, ScanGuage2, 5000k HID's, horn mod, other stuff that I forgot to list
    No problem :D

To Top