1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

High Sierra Vacation!

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by RecklessTaco, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Jul 1, 2010 at 8:28 AM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco [OP] Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    Whats up all?:D Im heading up to Huntington Lake, Ca which is about an hour and a half east of Fresno in the High Sierra mountainsand was just wondering if there was any fellow TW members up in that area that would be interested in meeting up and doing some wheeling around the area? The other surrounding towns are Aubry, Ca. and Shaver Lake, Ca:D.

So if you live anywhere near here and would like to meet up and have some off-road fun let me know!

We will be up there from July 11th- 22nd if anyone is interested!:cool:

2. Jul 1, 2010 at 3:07 PM
    stroM-

stroM- @alteregoadventure

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Santa Rosa, California
    Vehicle:
    2006 4X4 TRD OR
    My gf's cousin lives in fresno... we were planning to visit him. Not sure how soon, but ill keep you posted if i am in the area.

3. Jul 2, 2010 at 7:44 AM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    Hell yeah! Sounds good to me! Just hit me up:D

My Name is Matt and my cell number is 619-322-7606:cool:

4. Jul 3, 2010 at 9:00 AM
    TacomaTSP4

TacomaTSP4 Go Big or Go Home!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Rohnert Park, CA
    i may make the trip cause my buddy has a house in fresno and i could use a vacation from work and school

5. Jul 3, 2010 at 9:16 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
  6. Jul 5, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    Sounds good Travis! Just hit me up when or if you get to Fresno
    Name is Matt And the cell number is 619-322-7606:D

7. Jul 5, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    Well Murphy, looks like you know where im headed! we are staying at Huntington lake Resort condos and should be up there Monday afternoon! If you guys make it up here, call me for sure and we can meet up and maybe you can show me places we havent been yet!:D What is a 2 meter radio? I have a CB!:eek: My cell phone number is 619-322-7606, plus i will have my laptop with me so hit me up on the site or my cell!

8. Jul 5, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    If you haven't been there you will love it (Murphy Guarantee - No Cash Value but fully transferable! ;)). I hope I can make it - My gal has limited vacation time. :mad: If you like hot springs - head to Mono Hot Springs - before you get to the bridge, park by the yellow gate on left and walk down path until you see a wet part of the path (providing it's not all wet from rain! ;)), turn left 30 feet up and enjoy! - It's one of the nicest ones there -all natural and no concrete!

A 2 meter is a HAM radio (requires a license) but allows you to communicate 20+ miles and if you hop on repeater, you can reach world-wide. In the case of emergency, you can literally make a 911 call. I got my license (1st license is VERY EASY to study for and pass) after being up in that area last year when a guy in a Jeep with a CB died 'cause he got stuck in the snow! :mad:

I hope I make it - 40% chance moving towards a 76%!

9. Jul 5, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    Oh Yeah ive been there before! This will be my fourth year in a row! But ive only been to Huntington Lake and we wanted to go to the Mono Hot Springs last year but didnt make it. This year for sure! Plkus ive only been on one Off-road trail up there, which was very fun. Hope you can make it up? Would be nice to see another fella Tacomian up there! Plus with your Knowledge of the area, i bet we could have a blast! Just keep me informed. I have my Blackberry on me all the time so i always get my TW Messages as well!:D

10. Jul 5, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Be in the High Sierras in Sept...Mt. Whitney, East Buttress...

11. Jul 5, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    Hey HBMurphy! What is your real name?:(

12. Jul 5, 2010 at 9:32 AM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    Man thats awesome bro! always wanted to go to Mt. Whitney! How is it there? :D

13. Jul 5, 2010 at 9:33 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Chilly.

14. Jul 5, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    I will keep you number and let you know if I get a hall pass!

Paul Murphy but the witness protection progam prefers me to go by HBMurphy! :eek: And sometimes I go by JDKeller ;)

There will be plenty of snow up there!

15. Jul 5, 2010 at 9:59 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR

Yeah, we're gonna have to kick steps in some snowpack to get to the base of our climbs (some people would define this as snowfield climbing anyway).

Days should be nice and comfy (50s and 60s) during the time we're up there, nights will be cold, but they're spent in the sleeping bag. I just hope there's no ice on our routes...that could make for some interesting improvisation.

Hopefully no heinous weather while we're up there, but luckily the retreat from Whitney is a pretty straightforward hike, even in bad conditions.

16. Jul 5, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    Witness Protection, JDKellar, Your funny:D

Hope you get that hall pass!:cool:

17. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:52 PM
    w3tw0rks

w3tw0rks Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alvin
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 Xtracab 4x4
    What are your plans for Saturday, July 17th? I may be down for a day trip or even camp out there.

18. Jul 8, 2010 at 8:25 PM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    Oh man! Sat&Sun are the two days that we will be sailing a Regatta on the lake! any other day is open for me:eek:

19. Jul 29, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    stroM-

stroM- @alteregoadventure

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Santa Rosa, California
    Vehicle:
    2006 4X4 TRD OR
    Bump for pictures of the trip!

Products Discussed in

To Top