1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Higher octane

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by CometKat, Aug 7, 2008.

1. CometKat

CometKat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carson City NV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4X4 Regular Cab SR5
    Run the numbers. Like me you might find it’s actually cheaper to run premium than regular.

2. luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Kaplan, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k HID heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners.
    I keep my reciepts on every fillup and check my mpgs. I haven't noticed much of a difference in mileage using premium, at least not with my everyday driving. I was assuming my 21mpg came from the long periods at 1800 rpm.

3. piratesvarsity22

piratesvarsity22 SickTacoFoSho

Member:
    florida
    Vehicle:
    1995 Tacoma
    smoked taillights, thrush glasspack muffler, hollowed out cat. K&n intake,2 12' infinity subwoofers. sony xplod cd player
    hmmmm... i Just bought a 1995 tacoma 2.4 L from an old man who has always taken care of it, he told me he put in some cheap gas somewhere and theyre may be moisture in it. should i throw in some gas treatment and fill up with 93? anyone know?

4. JJ Customs

JJ Customs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD 4x4 DC
    Not enough to mention on this one. Give me time!
    All I run is 91 is my Taco and I seem to get about 40 more miles out of a tank. Seems to run much smoother at idle. Overall I would say the truck is much happier with the 91 so I give her what she wants.

5. TacoNinja12

TacoNinja12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boone NC
    Vehicle:
    99 2.7L SR5
    3 inch lift
    Filling up with high octane is only like 2 dollars more total on each fill up. Its better and gives you more "pick me up" why not just spend the 2 bucks to keep your truck longer? take care of your truck and it will take care of you.

Basic math= 87 is $3.15 High is 3.35 after ten gallons thats only 2 bucks. so like 2.40 more in my tank. worth it.

To Top