1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hit by a drunk driver !

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by KJaikaran, Jan 6, 2013.

1. PhantomVirus

PhantomVirus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    People's Republic of NJ
    Vehicle:
    2012 Super White TRD OffRoad Double Cab
    Don't steal my tailgate Mod, Hardwired Valentine1 Radar Detector, Smitty N-FAB Nerf Bars, Led lights (Maps, overhead & rear License Plate), Debadged, TRD rim center covers, Replaced Chrome Grill with OEM Super White, PlastiDipped Toyota Logo on Grill BLACK, Distinct Offroad Custom light bar
    Firstoff - Sorry for your vehicular loss. At least you are OK.

I was rear ended in my BMW on a highway and my biggest regret was NOT going to the hospital - even for a 'check out'. Sometimes bad physical shit does not happen for a bit - I have severe spinal stenosis in my lower back but symptom did not onset for a month or so - had I gone to the E/R it would have at least been on record - your adrenalin is pumping like crazy when this type of stuff happens so it's possible that you could have some minor whiplash or a neck injury. If you don't feel right go to the hospital or Dr asap - don't wait.

BTW - as far as airbag deployment - I don't believe the ass end has any impact sensors they are in the nose & the sides of the cabin so the fact that the airbags did not deploy does not surprise me.

2. KJaikaran

KJaikaran [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orlando FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport
    URD intake/maf calibrator, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon UCA, OME Dakar leaf packs, Bilstein extended rear shocks, 3 degree axle shims, Carrier bearing drop bracket, DS2 retro, 5k HID bulds top and bottom
    Never thought i would be in an accident of that level where rear suspension would be damaged that much. I have been in accidents before, but nothing to this level where aftermarket parts were damaged. The way i see it is that they would have to put on a new wheel/tire, and rear suspension anyways so i faxed over all my receipts over to my adjuster and i can only wait and see what they decide from that point. If they don't cover it its just another lesson learned.

3. Failure2Comply

Failure2Comply Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Virginia, USA
    Vehicle:
    05 Access TRD/SR5 4x4
    NFab bars, bed mat, Weathertech mats.
    I am sorry your truck got wrecked and glad that you are not hurt. But we do not know the call log and the type of calls they were responding to. As bad as a traffic accident can be it is more important to have EMT/Fire Dept there to help anyone injured. The police could have been dealing with life and death situations at that time. I for one salute the brave men and women of our Police and Military. Thank God they have what it takes to do these tough, thankless jobs.

It damn sure isn't for the pay!

To Top