1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hit & Run - Irresposible People

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Scooter, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Jul 25, 2012 at 3:11 PM
    FarmBoyTaco

FarmBoyTaco Work Hard, Stay Humble

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    California
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Off-Road DCSB MGM
    I swear people don't know how to drive and park now, they should add that to the drivers test, pulling into a parking spot. The worst I had was one guys front drivers side wheel was in my spot and at the same time the car on the other side of my truck had it's rear wheel in my spot.

2. Jul 25, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    theduck911

theduck911 Max's Canadian Twin

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Northwestern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
    Shitty deal on your situation, shit makes me angry, if you're going hit someone own up and deal with it, we all make mistakes, and most people are usually reasonable :cool:

Glad my truck is armored on every side but I come out to find different colored paint on my bumpers every once and a while:rolleyes:

You put an insurance claim in for that:confused: Some Colormatch spray, and sand paper would've fixed it no problem or found a used bumper here on the forum or CL.

Wouldn't your deductible be almost more and then your insurance will usually increase (yes I know it's not your fault) but every time you make a claim it goes up ever so slightly with your re-newel or monthly payment depending on how you pay for it:cool:

3. Jul 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    samsung

samsung Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner doublecab TRD Offroad
    undercover lid/Ipod integration kit/Pop n lock/bed rug, fumoto drain valve, full piping Wet Okole covers, Blacked out badges, Lamin-X fog light cover yellow, window tint, ARB deluxe bumper with fog light kit,DSM UCA'S,3 support shrockworks sliders,complete OME lift with 886X coil and dakar leaf spring with 3 degree axle shims and center pin lenghtener,warn VR10000 winch,amsteele blue synthetic rope, daystar winch isolator, daystar delrin rollers, IPF 900xs Extreme Driving H9 Kit 900XSD (900XSD),Horn on fire with shot Penning,
    irresponsible ;)

4. Jul 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM
    Taqoma

Taqoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brennan
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off-Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD CAI, Camburg LT, Fox 2.5x8 coilovers, Fox 2.0 bumps, Deaver e30 leafs, Fox 3.0x18 triples, Avid sliders, Yaesu 2900R, Pro Comp 7089 16x8, DDM 55w HID Hella 500FF, DDM 35w HID headlights, Magnaflow 11255 muffler, PLX DM-100 OBDII, Autometer Ultra-Lite II Boost gauge, Flex Pod gauge mount, LSK tube bumper, McNeil fenders, Fiberwerx bedsides, 285/75/16 Toyo MT's
    in canada you call parking lots, car parks?

5. Jul 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Umm. Not in Alberta. Them's parking lots.

6. Jul 26, 2012 at 1:54 AM
    aaronatl

aaronatl ©1975

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron Nrsa
    In A Big Country
    Vehicle:
    it hauls tostitos
    just mention; depreciated value to your claims adjuster, most likely they are willing to
    fork out 600 to 700 to fix it. but, your carfax now reports an accident. thanks to the insurance company :) when it comes to trade-in or sell.... your value will be less than
    kbb or nada figures

7. Jul 26, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    cbr04

cbr04 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB
    Wow... sorry to hear this. The exact same thing happened to me yesterday (same spot on the bumper too). $560 to fix from Toyota. Debating on aftermarket bumper now...

8. Jul 26, 2012 at 7:20 AM
    Scooter

Scooter [OP] Canadian Member

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TRD Sport Short Box
    Pop n Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, Factory DLR installed, Defrost with A/C Off, EZ Down Tailgate Damper, Code Alarm Security System with Remote Starter, Rear Spring TSB, Ming rust proofing & paint treatment, 3M fabric protector, Cargo Mat, Scanguage II, DYI Illuminated 4X4 Switch, Versa-Gate box extender & cargo divider, Toyota Roof Rails, Grom USB Audio adapter with bluetooth, LED Bed lights, OEM Backup Camera with LCD Display Mirror
    It was a multi-level parking garage, or parking deck, where I got hit. Sorry for the misuse of terms. I was going to use the word "parkade", but thought that was a Canadian term, :canada: not commonly used by out friends in the US. :oldglory: So, I used the term "car park" not realizing it is actually a term used more commonly in th United Kingdom and not the United States. :facepalm: Did this clarify things, or did I make it more confusing. :crazy:

9. Jul 26, 2012 at 7:21 AM
    Scooter

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Pop n Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, Factory DLR installed, Defrost with A/C Off, EZ Down Tailgate Damper, Code Alarm Security System with Remote Starter, Rear Spring TSB, Ming rust proofing & paint treatment, 3M fabric protector, Cargo Mat, Scanguage II, DYI Illuminated 4X4 Switch, Versa-Gate box extender & cargo divider, Toyota Roof Rails, Grom USB Audio adapter with bluetooth, LED Bed lights, OEM Backup Camera with LCD Display Mirror
    What bumper are you considering?

10. Jul 26, 2012 at 7:38 AM
    Scooter

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    ^^^ Does anyone know what brand of bumper this is, and where I can get one?

11. Jul 26, 2012 at 7:43 AM
    theduck911

theduck911 Max's Canadian Twin

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Northwestern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Locked and Geared!
    That'd be an All-Pro Bumper w/ The Extra Side Plates (AP Logo on the side filled in). You can get them through All-Pro direct :cool:

12. Jul 26, 2012 at 7:58 AM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    My drivers side door has a large dent, and several large door dings from phucksticks like this. I'm going to put armor on my truck just to protect it from all the phucktards that can't drive and be gentle when opening doors. :frusty:

[​IMG]

13. Jul 26, 2012 at 8:06 AM
    Natetroknot

Natetroknot Experiencing TW at several WTFs per thread

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Dubuque, IA
    Vehicle:
    19 Sport AC-6MT
    Sorry to hear OP, but at least you didn't find this on your windshield:
    noteoncar_c1b67a7390113815ac8cd35320a08897b37236d6.jpg

14. Jul 27, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    tacoma4x4girl

tacoma4x4girl Well-Known Member

Member:
    I had that happen once in Wal-Mart parking lot.

As a matter of fact when I had my 08 DCab 4x4 I was at the same walmart and I was in a parking space well when I came out a car backed up to my bumper and the whole car was blocking the isle. So lucky for me noone was in front of me so I could drive out otherwise I would have been blocked in. I guess they wanted that spot and I don't park close to the door I park as far out as I can to try avoiding getting hit, because let's face it most people won't walk far, but this one wanted that spot.

I don't think I have that pic on my phone anymore I'll have to check. I deleted alot of pics. I do still have a pic of that truck stock.

15. Jul 27, 2012 at 9:27 PM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    My truck got hit tonight too, but we were moving. My straight light was green, his was green yield to me because he was turning left, he didnt yield. 16 year old punk kid in a pos 94gmc.
    [​IMG]

16. Jul 27, 2012 at 10:24 PM
    RadSurfTaco

RadSurfTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    In Ocean or My Taco...trolling up & down Hwy 1
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner MGM DC SB
    I hope someone catches that dbag on video and the cops show up at the f'ers house.

awesome

So true and the terrible thing is that when someone pulls the record it doesn't really give enough details. When I am looking at cars I always check the history, however even that isn't always reliable either...

Irresponsible mo fers.

17. Aug 1, 2012 at 6:30 AM
    Scooter

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    This just makes me mad!

18. Aug 1, 2012 at 6:41 AM
    Scooter

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    I usually try to park as far away as practical. This time, the parking garage was nearly full, and I was almost on the on the roof. There was an empty spot to the left of me, and someone pulled into it just after I parked. The passenger opened her door very carfully, and even wrapped her hand around the edge of her door so she wouldn't put a ding on my truck. I really appreciate people like that. However, when I came back to my truck, the person who originally parked beside me was gone, and someone else was in that spot. The vehicle that was originally parked beside me was a green mini van. The paint transferred to my bumper is white, so it wasn't them. The SUV that was parked next to me when I left was white, but there is not a scratch on that SUV, so it wasn't them either.

19. Aug 13, 2012 at 1:45 PM
    Scooter

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Just got back from the adjuster.The damage is $1600. They are paying for a replacement bumper, and painting the left side of the box because of the paint that was scraped behind the bumper.

20. Aug 13, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    SalmonTaco

SalmonTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Naches
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver TRD Sport
    Brute Force bumpers, TRD FauxLocks, 5100s & 885s, Falken Wildpeaks, SnugTop MVP Shell, Tuffy Bed Box, Console Vault, Fogs anytime, ImMrYo mirror bracket, Wet Okoles, aFe Pro Dry S, PowerStop Z36 pads & drilled/slotted rotors, more shit I can't remember
    [​IMG]

My lady texted me this pic a few days ago. Bummer!

Glad your insurance is getting you taken care of OP.

Products Discussed in

To Top