1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hockey Trash Talk & BS thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by EquinsuOcha, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Mar 1, 2023 at 3:45 AM
    Charlie Too

Charlie Too Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Dumo is probably playing well enough for a team to be interested. I would rather keep Smith than P.O. myself. Both are young and offensive minded.

AJH387[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Mar 1, 2023 at 3:57 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    Ya, he's been good the last couple games. I think we could shop him if needed. But if they feel like we have a chance to make a run this year, they might not want to do that now and just let him walk after the year. I still don't have enough of an opinion of Smith yet. He seems good but is he an every-night guy in the line-up? POJ has come around, for me. I like him. I wouldn't be heart-broken to lose him but I do like him. And Petterson I do like. He's very solid defensively and we need a guy like that. Again, it's probably not the end of the world if he gets moved but our D line-up is just odd. I'd love to just make the move for Chychrun (but probably not at the high asking price.) But getting Boeser is nice because we have some flexibility to move guys around and start getting some scoring out of the 3rd line (whether it be him there or moving around and trying other guys, Zucker etc.)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    Charlie Too[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Mar 1, 2023 at 5:57 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    Quick getting moved to Columbus. That sucks for him, but I get it. He's been almost unplayable this year and the Kings are a good team that needs solid goaltending. Making a run with it 100% on Copley isn't ideal and if JQ looks like he is nowhere close to his old form, then I understand why they would make that move. I'm sure JQ will call it a career at the end of the year. He was 1 of my favs, so sucks to see it unfold this way.

enforcertaco91 and YotaFAB like this.
  4. Mar 1, 2023 at 7:20 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Why would columbus want a sieve for a goalie

5. Mar 1, 2023 at 9:32 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    They didn't want him. But it had to be done for the trade to go through. I'm sure he will retire after the year. Supposedly he is pretty pissed off. Wanted to retire with the Kings. Can't say I blame him. Hard to comprehend how Dustin Brown gets a statue and 2 weeks later Quick get traded outta town lol. But I get it from a business standpoint. Still though.

6. Mar 1, 2023 at 10:08 AM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  7. Mar 1, 2023 at 2:26 PM
    Tronfunkblow

Tronfunkblow Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRDOR 4x4

Looks like you got your wish.

davidstacoma[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Mar 1, 2023 at 3:08 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    People's Democratic Republic of Canuckistan
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    Maybe they'll have to wait until the second round this year.

9. Mar 1, 2023 at 3:12 PM
    davidstacoma

davidstacoma Friendly Curmudgeon

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma SR Access cab - Utility
    *OEM Mods: Intermittent wipers, Fogs, Keyless Entry, Lomax
    Yeah. a solid Left hand shot D man. That doesn’t leave Canes with much cap money to get Schmaltz or similar point scorer without trading a good well paid player and I don’t think the canes are willing to do that.
    Ghost has knocked in few PP goals and SH goals so that’s a plus, should help our weak PP scoring at least.

10. Mar 1, 2023 at 6:14 PM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    Pens with all that moving around to acquire......Granlund at 5m per. Wtf. Lol. Beyond disappointed.

Charlie Too and davidstacoma like this.
  11. Mar 1, 2023 at 6:31 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Leafs looking good so far tonight

Sterdog[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Mar 1, 2023 at 9:21 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    CTSpruceMica and davidstacoma like this.
  13. Mar 1, 2023 at 9:57 PM
    davidstacoma

davidstacoma Friendly Curmudgeon

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma SR Access cab - Utility
    *OEM Mods: Intermittent wipers, Fogs, Keyless Entry, Lomax
    He was worth it…. 2016-2017 season. :D
    Last 5 games looked good though.

14. Mar 1, 2023 at 10:10 PM
    YotaFAB

YotaFAB Well-Known Member

Member:
    woah, Kings did Quick dirty! like 30 games left on contract. got some rental players then signed a bunch of goalies. Blake must be loosing it... but quick hasn't been top tier since 2018... I see both sides.

enforcertaco91 likes this.
  15. Mar 2, 2023 at 3:21 AM
    Charlie Too

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    That shoots their load, er, their cap space they maneuvered to make. He has 2 years after this and I'm going to speculate he's Zucker's replacement for the next 2 years. I think Hextall is just trying to keep the Pens competitive while there is a narrow window for Crosby, Malkin and Letang. To be honest, I didn't like the Miller talk. Aside from being a local guy - and even if Vancouver ate some of his salary, he is signed for something like 8 years. that would be just another contract like a Jeff carter at some point: a bloated contract for a guy way past his prime. I would like to see them trade Dumo, but they won't. Too much veteran loyalty in management and on the team.

16. Mar 2, 2023 at 3:49 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    I think Zucker is a much better player. Granlund is fine as a guy to bolster the 3rd line but I just don't think he's going to add too much when you consider what we subtracted just to get him. Plus, I would've rather just kept E-Rod. We could've easily paid what Ottawa paid for Chychrun. As much as I don't love the JT Miller contract, he's a good player that would be a huge boost. And if Van retains some money, we get him through the remaining years of our core. When those guys retire in a couple years, it won't even matter if we are overpaying for Miller at that point because we'd be in full rebuild mode. So I honestly would've rather had Miller, by far. Boeser would've been nice too.

Charlie Too[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Mar 2, 2023 at 5:17 AM
    Charlie Too

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    I don't know much about Granlund. I'll take your word he is a 3rd line guy. As I've mentioned before, I would be surprised if the Pens re-sign Zucker, unless he takes a1 or 2 year deal. Even then the cap will constrain without getting rid of somebody. Fortunately, Dumo goes off this year. As for Miller, that contract is just too long, even if Vancouver keeps some of the money. Say they kept $2M. You still have an 8 year contract, starting next year, with a then $6M cap hit. Too many teams have done this stuff, then they are constrained by such decisions to compete in the future. Look at Carter: just one year left on his $3.25M and nobody wants him. He will likely be the Pens 4th line center at that price. It's not sustainable for a team that wants to take a serious run at the Cup..

18. Mar 2, 2023 at 6:36 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    I agree that the Miller contract isn't great, but that being said he's a very good overall player. And you figure we have what 3, 4 years left of this core? So once those guys are gone, it really doesn't matter if we are still paying Miller on that contract. He might, at that point, be underperforming for the money but we wouldn't be in win mode anyways. We would be in full rebuild mode. So having him on the books, being overpaid for his production really means nothing. We are going to have to struggle for a bit to gain some good draft picks and assets to rebuild. I just don't see how anything that has transpired the past couple days has made us a better team. It hasn't. And the goal would be to make a final push to try to win (or at least be as competitive as possible) while we still have Sid, Geno and Letang. We aren't a better team right now than we were. JT Miller or the other 2 -3 guys I mentioned, would've made us a better team right now, in my opinion.

19. Mar 2, 2023 at 3:50 PM
    Charlie Too

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    We will get to see what Granlund does here shortly. Of course it's only 1 game. I know this: the Pens bottom 6 was bad and the 3rd line was atrocious, statistically the worst in the NHL. 2 of those 3 are now gone and if they could have found somebody to take Carter he would be gone as well. Blueger, who I appreciated over the years was not the same player after he broke his jaw. I read that he has 3 goals in his last 79 games and he wasn't generating as the centreman any kind of offense or spark for the 4th line. So we have subtracted what we needed to. Is Granland the answer? We will see, the thought is his play making skills may spark Carter's goal scoring and God knows the Pens need that because, like it or not, they have Carter for another year after this season ends.

AJH387[QUOTED] and davidstacoma like this.
  20. Mar 2, 2023 at 5:21 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Johnny Quick the sieve is a Vegas Golden Knight now

YotaFAB likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top