1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hockey Trash Talk & BS thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by EquinsuOcha, Oct 15, 2008.

1. May 19, 2021 at 10:15 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    People's Democratic Republic of Canuckistan
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    enforcertaco91 likes this.
  2. May 19, 2021 at 10:24 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I said it before and I'll say it again , Kadri is a fucking dirty player

3. May 19, 2021 at 10:25 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    put Anderson back in

4. May 20, 2021 at 5:24 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    That game went as we thought it would. Helle was the man, the Jets choked down on McDavid. For a while Jets were losing the shot battle by quite a bit, before it caught back up. But this isn't going to be pick-up hockey, so I am not sure how much McDavid can adjust his game. We will see. And hopefully Hellebuyck stays zoned in, and it's going to be a tough series for Oilers.

Blue Hooligan likes this.
  5. May 20, 2021 at 5:28 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    Lol. Trust me, man. I'm sure it's everywhere but it gets annoying.

I love my area but it's hilarious after 1 game where they score a few goals up high, now all of a sudden "Jarry has no glove hand." Like, just STFU, it's 1 game and there was zero evidence that his glove hand is bad, in his career. It's just a carry-over, echo-chamber from the Murray days. And with Murray it's mainly because he plays more of a blocking style and when he would get beat, people were wondering why he doesn't statue of liberty like MAF did. It's a different way to play goalie. Jarry is like a hybrid style of those 2 but his glove is actually quite good.

Charlie Too likes this.
  6. May 20, 2021 at 5:46 AM
    Charlie Too

Charlie Too Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green Tacoma TRD Off Road
    For many Pens fans, nobody will ever replace Fleury - with good cause. As for Jarry, I understand it's a team game but the focus will always be on the goalie. Just look at most of the posts here: they reference the goalie's play. In the playoffs a soft goal or two is usually the difference. It may not be fair to place that all on the goalie, but a goalie who steals a game with stellar saves gets the recognition in the other way. Look at game 2. Varlomov let in the first goal to Rust, which was soft, and it was the difference. You can hash over the stats and the play, but if Rust doesn't get that easy goal, the Isles may have won in OT, like game 1. I imagine Isle fans were bitching about that. I think fans like to look for heroes and scapegoats, especially in high pressure games. It's simplistic but often accurate.

AJH387[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. May 20, 2021 at 6:11 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    You are 100% correct there, no doubt. And I did admit that 2 of Jarry's goals in that 1st game are ones he probably would've liked back. But my issue is the unrealistic expectation that people have, as far as thinking every single goal must be some play or shot that the goalie has zero chance of saving, for it to be acceptable. It's just not realistic or possible. Games don't hinge totally on what the Pens do, there is another team making plays too. And most of the time when people comment on what they see, they really don't know what they are looking at, in detail. For example, in this last game I saw a lot of fans/media complaining on Twitter about the Bailey goal beating Jarry top corner. On the surface it may seem like an easy stop. But Bailey is going down the wall, keeping Jarry on the post, he then reverses back and spins Carter around, with a direct line to the slot. Meanwhile there is an Islander (I forget who) right at the top of the crease, so Jarry has barely has time to come off the post (as you expect your skater to not let that cut-back happen), let alone come out to take the angle, especially with a player taking up that space at top of the crease. So Bailey picks the corner. It's a great play. But everything fell in line for that to happen. Granted, when goalies are hot, maybe they still make that play, but maybe the shooter also doesn't pick that exact corner either etc etc. It's on goalies to steal a few saves that they shouldn't, games or even a series. But in Pittsburgh the narrative is already there, so as soon as a goal goes in, it's gets echoed, regardless of the circumstance. And you are right, MAF leaving in the expansion and doing well on Vegas is fueling this fire and has been since he left.

Charlie Too[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. May 20, 2021 at 6:20 AM
    Charlie Too

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    Most fans probably don't understand the game, having never played it. The worst here is when it comes to the Steelers. And you are right: there is another team out there making the plays, so it may be more of what they did then what your team did. But to admit that, you have to admit your team is not that good. When I was younger, I was really into the local sports teams and got upset when they failed. As I have gotten older and have more worries on my mind than a sports team, I have taken more of a neutral position when I watch the games. But once you do that, you lose that fan appeal to be honest. And in Pittsburgh, being a fan - or a super fan - is all that matters. From what I've seen its' the same in Philly, Boston and New York. And I see it getting like that in D.C., as their teams start to become winners. I actually went to bed early during game 2, right after the 2nd period. I figured they would play the game with or without me and I was tired. LOL. Fortunately, my wife is a big fan. When I woke up the next morning, she updated me.

davidstacoma and AJH387[QUOTED] like this.
  9. May 20, 2021 at 6:40 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    Spot-on. I totally agree with everything you have posted.

Charlie Too[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. May 20, 2021 at 7:21 AM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    The real hockey starts tonight. FU Habs.

11. May 20, 2021 at 11:45 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    Did you see Price let in that lob in practice and then shatter his stick off the post? Lol. Hopefully he's mentally locked-in in he's going to be facing that Leafs offense. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't see the Habs getting this done. Also hilarious that they aren't playing Cole, considering he is 1 of their better offensive players. He might lack some detail in his game, but what they hell do you have to lose? Play him!

12. May 20, 2021 at 3:15 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    It's the Habs. They make strange decisions. I don't get why the kid Cole is being held back either, these are the experience games.

AJH387[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. May 20, 2021 at 5:16 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    Well fuck. GG.

14. May 20, 2021 at 6:09 PM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    That Tavares incident was scary. Hope he's ok.

15. May 20, 2021 at 6:19 PM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    Go islanders! intense game now. What happen to taveres? That game is blacked out.

16. May 20, 2021 at 6:46 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    https://youtu.be/seJHzdKBIYE

17. May 20, 2021 at 6:57 PM
    Charlie Too

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    As a Pens fan, I want to thank the Kings for trading Carter to our team. 3 goals and 4 points in 3 games.

18. May 20, 2021 at 7:25 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
  19. May 20, 2021 at 8:28 PM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    Absolutely incredible how he has been playing.

20. May 20, 2021 at 8:32 PM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    Also, didn't think Leafs game was going to go that way. That Byron goal was brutal. He'll of an effort. Will be interesting how the series goes. I still don't think Habs have enough firepower. Plus Powerplay isn't great. But Leafs gotta get that O rolling.

Products Discussed in

To Top