1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Holy Califonia Tax Batman!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bearskill, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Jan 21, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    bmgreene

bmgreene Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    L.A. Westside
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner V6 SR5/OR
    Alcan Leaf Packs, OME884 Coils, 5100 shocks, U.S. Offroad Winch Mount w/Winch, Trail Gear Rear H/C Bumper, Prinsu Cabrack, DIY custom in-bed storage/sleeping deck, Sway bar delete, hidden "snorkel" intake mod, In-dash CB, Bestop Supertop, Undercover Swingbox, hood lifters, assorted lights and front spotting camera
    Sadly I know you're serious. I've been working in aerospace for 13 years now, and over half that has been on USAF contracts. I was kinda hoping that their HR was at least a little bit smarter and better organized than their procurement process, probably should have known better, though.

One longshot might be trying a call to the Sacramento HQ of either DMV or FTB. I'm not sure about FTB, but whenever I've had to deal with the DMV home office (as opposed to the local sites), the pepole on the other end of the phone have been lucid, knowledgeable and competent (I actually re-confirmed that I was actually speaking to a DMV employee the first time this happened).

2. Jan 21, 2010 at 12:18 PM
    Bearskill

Bearskill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Yes they do but, 1. Burnt out on anything Air Force. Want nothing to do with them once im out. 2. If I ever need to I want a local branch I can actualy go to and sit down with some one to work whatever may come up, out.

3. Jan 21, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    Bearskill

Bearskill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Well, going to take a shower and go hit up some other banks. If it is just a Cali thing (which I still can't see getting taxed twice) I'll just wait and do this in Idaho or Oregon. I'll post what I find out.

Products Discussed in

To Top