1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Holy Crow the leaves are bad this year !!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by concrete jedi, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Nov 16, 2008 at 10:43 AM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    yea, as long as the truck is in the garage. If you get stuck outside your doors freeze shut, you have to scrape the ice off the windows, you have to brush the snow off the truck...then deal with all the other wackos that don't know how to drive in snow.

Then after you finally triple your commute time home, you get to shovel the driveway about 20 times because it wont stop snowing. If you are lucky like me you get to plow the driveway at 4 am before work so you don't smash the snow on it, which then turns to ice in a few days if you don't remove it.

2. Nov 16, 2008 at 10:50 AM
    brianr

brianr go shit in your hat

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    BUILT, not bought...

Thats still just as bad as all the jack-o's with road rage during the summertime here. Most of Arizona can't drive under normal circumstances anyways.

ROYB is it snowing right now outside Chi-town?

3. Nov 16, 2008 at 11:57 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Leaf Blowers RULE!!!

...and the fact that all I have to do is blow everything into a pile at the bottom of the street and our township comes around and sucks it all up. :D

4. Nov 16, 2008 at 12:16 PM
    RoyB

RoyB Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    my neighbor said it was snowin earlier, its not now. btw, BEARS SUCK ASS TODAY :mad:

5. Nov 16, 2008 at 12:45 PM
    GreySky72

GreySky72 Lemon

Member:
    Gilbert, Az
    Vehicle:
    08, TRD Sport, 4x4
    Oh Brianr its not that bad hahahaha.. wait, what?

6. Nov 16, 2008 at 4:44 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    You guys just HAD to mention leaves.... I just got done raking up another 10 piles of leaves and pine needles. I chewed them up with the lawn mower and then dumped most of them in the garden for mulch. This is the third time I've done this and I still have LOTS of leaves left on my trees. I could do the blower thing, but I like the exercise :D

I don't know which is worse 120 degree weather or the north with all the snow and ice. I've been both places and now I'm sorta in the middle. Only occasional snow (according to the weatherman we're supposed to get snow this year :bananadance: snow day!!!!) and ice which is a good thing because most of the drivers here can't drive on dry pavement much less on snow/ice.

I've lived in Phoenix, AZ as well as Fairbanks, AK and they both suck at certain times of the year :D

Products Discussed in

To Top