1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Holy Shit My House!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jeremy_283, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Dec 18, 2011 at 12:03 AM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    get mesh tape, and put it along the corner...

apply spackle/joint compound

sand/reapply if needed

prime

paint

:)

2. Dec 18, 2011 at 12:54 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
  3. Dec 18, 2011 at 7:04 AM
    Quo Fan

Quo Fan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Central CT
    Vehicle:
    2008 Access cab, I4, Manual, Leer 122
    Hire a company called Vibra-Tech (sister company I work for). They have an office in Florissant, MO, about 2 hours from you. They can do a study on the crack, and tell you if the crack is growing.

I shit you not. We really do this kind of stuff for a living. We have really cool and expensive equipment that can measure the movement of the crack over time.

Website

4. Dec 18, 2011 at 9:20 AM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 [OP] Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    sounds expensive

5. Dec 18, 2011 at 9:34 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner DoubleCab TRD
    Bull bar, nerf bars, bed extender, tonneu cover, bug deflector, wish list,....
    I think it is not serious. It looks like the previous owner just patched it and painted over it. Now that winter is approaching something shrinked and the gap appeared. I would run a bead of caulk in there so it can absorb any future small movements and paint to match the surrounding area. Keep an eye on it though - if it gets significantly bigger and the opposite side of the room cracks also, then spend the money to have it looked at. For now I think it is just something that came with the change in temperature.
    Disclaimer: this is just an opinion without having done a thorough investigation...bla bla bla not responsible for any damage bla bla bla.

6. Dec 18, 2011 at 9:38 AM
    mbmchugh5

mbmchugh5 My wife is scheduleing an intervention as we speak

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Double cab 4x4
    Rough Country 6" Db lift with toytec coilovers and all pro Expo leafs,color matched grille, t-rex eyelids on spyder dual projector halos, black tailights, 4xInnovations sliders,pro comp rear plate bumper, ATO front plate bumper, grillecraft grille mesh w/Hella black magics behind it, colormatched emblems, sockmonkey trd O/R bedside decals and 3rdBrake cover, Aeroturbine 2525 muffler
    I bet it is. there have been a few people to give you good advice i would properly repair the crack and see if and when it returns. probably previous owner didnt wanna spend the time or $$ to fix it so they most liklely used a product like 1time that is made to fill nail holes etc not cracks my guess is it wont come back with a proper coat of joint compound and some tape dont use caulking it will fall out

7. Dec 18, 2011 at 9:57 AM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    tint, dents, scratches, two blown speakers and trying to pay her off...
    ^^^ pretty sure that's the funniest thing ive ever read on this site. i quite literally lol'd. am tempting to sig. :laugh:

8. Dec 18, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    2001 4x4 5Spd Xtra Cab V6
    205k+ miles, 265/75/16 BFG A/T's, OME 881's, Wheelers 5 leaf pack, 5100's, Home Made Sliders
    same here lol

9. Dec 18, 2011 at 12:25 PM
    Quo Fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Central CT
    Vehicle:
    I have no idea what the cost of the crack study would be, as I don't deal in pricing.

The crack looks like an untaped joint. Just tape, mud and paint. This also is normal for untaped joints during the normal seasonal change.

10. Dec 18, 2011 at 4:29 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    Is putting corner tape up something I could prolly do myself? Or should I call a pro? I also will have paint issues. I'll post up photos later.

11. Dec 18, 2011 at 7:09 PM
    Quo Fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Central CT
    Vehicle:
    Get the self adhesive mesh tape. Apply from the ceiling to floor and cover with a coat of mud, ensuring a relatively smooth coat. Apply 2nd coat of mud with a larger knife, again ensuring a relatively smooth coat. The smoother the coat, the less sanding you have to do. Sand smooth, any holes or high spots will be noticeable. Prime and paint to match.

12. Dec 18, 2011 at 7:15 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Ok no photos cause I don't think its necessary. But my wall is painted and sponged and I dont have the color code for the primary paint :goingcrazy:

To Top