1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hom many are worried with Toyota's Reputation??!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jreaka13, Feb 1, 2010.

?

Are you concerned about Toyotas Reputation??

Poll closed Mar 3, 2010.
  1. Yes

167 vote(s)
    18.0%
  2. No

677 vote(s)
    72.9%
  3. Unsure

78 vote(s)
    8.4%
  4. Other...

7 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:08 PM
    mmadej87

mmadej87 Mayday

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NMB, FL
    Vehicle:
    98 Xcab Prerunner
    thats actually my back-up rig...i just let them borrow it for the race

2. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:08 PM
    Fortech

Fortech Well-Known Member

Member:
    CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100's, rear TSB, Firestone bags
    NO, not worried.

If either of us F'd up, do you think Toyota would be worried? Hardly...

Why worry? Exactly what is there to worry about?:confused:

3. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:10 PM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    what a coinkadink robbys running my truck this year

4. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    Nope, it'll blow over as long as Toyota makes it right quickly. Meanwhile, Ford and Chevy will be stirring the pot trying to cut into Toyota's marketshare. This is the issue that Toyota really needs to be worried about.

5. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:24 PM
    tacomajim5

tacomajim5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    2.5" lift. Bilstein shocks all the way around, Falken Rocky mountain ats2 265/70/17, BHLM, thrush welded muffler, bed liner undercarriage, fender flares and rocker panels, nfab light bar, led off-road lights, grillcraft grill with old Toyota emblem, secondary air filter removed, cb radio, extra hooks in bed, removed front mud flaps, painted pinch weld black.
    I think their reputation may get hurt from this one because of bias of the media. I personally would stand behind Toyota 100%. Toyota makes damn good automobiles and I've always had good luck with them. Of course the media is gonna blow this way out of proportion. Its obvious because this is their chance to say " no don't buy a Toyota they are crap" when in actuality they aren't. The American car companies are hurting really bad and they will exploit every little problem Toyota or other companies have just to try and get people to buy their automobiles again. I would never buy an American car again. I recently traded in a brand new 08 chevy cobalt that was so cheaply made it made me sick. I paid 17 grand and it was falling apart from day one. I took it to the dealer and they said they found nothing wrong with it. Not only that but my family bought 3 brand new gm cars this past year and they all were falling apart. I don't care what the media or anyone says, to hell with american car companies. They dug their own graves by producing crap. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Toyota even with everything that is going on. Toyota is #1 in my opinion.

6. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    mmadej87

mmadej87 Mayday

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NMB, FL
    Vehicle:
    98 Xcab Prerunner
    x 1million

my girlfriend used to have a cobalt and that think was a piece, it rattled, i could feel the suspension going out everyday i rode in it, i was finally able to convince her to get a mazda, im 100% for jap cars, 150% for toyota:D

7. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    sportnobadges

sportnobadges Well-Known Member

Member:
    the great midwest
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD SPORT SR5 4.0L V-6 TOW PKG DEBAGED
    de-badged / weather tech digital floor mats front and rear / weather tech in-channel vent visors / A.R.E. MX cap / bed mat / blacked out 4s
    This is exactly how I feel. Have a '98 Corolla still going strong with 322,000 miles. Will drive it till it dies on the road, or I run into a bridge abutment. I de-badged the Tacoma because Toyota did not offer me any financial incentives to advertise their brand. And because those who know or care, know that this is a Tacoma. PLan to drive the Tacoma till it has 500,000 miles or more on it or till gas is $6.00 or $8.00 a gallon.
    [​IMG]
    Originally Posted by lsocoee
    I am so envious of Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Nissan, GMC, and Suzuki owners. They get to check out my sweet Tacoma when they're driving, I'm just stuck looking at all their ugly trucks.

8. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:43 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Would rather have a Toyota truck than any other brand.

However, as far as cars go, Mazda, Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi and Subaru all have Toyota killed. Toyota needs to break into the sport compact market and create something to compete with the Civic SI, Sentra SE-R, and Mazdaspeed 3. Their only "offering" in this segment is the Corolla XRS and without the 2zz with VVTL-I it's no competition at all.

Or if Toiyota could offer a STI or Evo killer, that would kickass.

9. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:45 PM
    mmadej87

mmadej87 Mayday

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NMB, FL
    Vehicle:
    98 Xcab Prerunner
    dude, its called the yaris....duh!

10. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:46 PM
    Clatrans243

Clatrans243 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2010 4X4 TRD Off Road
    I agree, and the media is doing their best to blow it all out of proportion. It is interesting, also, that much of the pot stirring seems to be coming from Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, and let us not forget that he works for the entity that owns one of Toyota's major competitors, Government Motors. Do I sense the odor of rattus?

11. Feb 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM
    Clipper

Clipper Western Alliance: Sierra's

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    '06 Taco 4X4
    Let’s face it. The floor mats that come with the truck suck any ways. The first month after buying my truck I bought Weather tech liners. But come on. People need to open their eyes and see how many pre 90's Toyota pickups are still on the road. Yea they have bugs. I’m kinda frustrated my self over the Motor mount issue but its nothing a little welding can’t fix. I loved my old 85 pickup and if my new truck is half the truck as that then ill be happy.

12. Feb 1, 2010 at 7:04 PM
    Jones'R

Jones'R My

Member:
    Niagara Falls
    Vehicle:
    08' SR5
    3" Lift
    In a time where they are saying by american, support your economy, the undereducated person is going to think ford chevy rather then toyota especially after the recall

13. Feb 1, 2010 at 7:13 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Lions Not Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma / 2000 4.7 Tundra TRD
    Ya just like everyone is saying once they fix this problem Toyota will be Toyota again.

14. Feb 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    LSK LT in Progress, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    amen...

15. Feb 1, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    not worried

16. Feb 1, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    bigyetti

bigyetti Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    asheville, nc
    Vehicle:
    08 taco dc 4x4 short bed
    sirius satilite radio, more on the way when i get more money. oh ya removed the secondary filter
    Toyota is doing what it takes to make it right. I will keep buying toyota vehicles no matter what happens. Unless other manufacturers want to give me a vehicle to drive the living hell out of at absolutely no cost too me. even then i would still never give up toyota. Just my .02

17. Feb 1, 2010 at 8:59 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    X 50.

BUT, I don't think they'll be hurt TOO bad by this whole thing. OK, so they fall to #2 in the world, big deal. Is that so bad?

The media in this country has an agenda; they identify themselves as liberal by about 80%. No surprise they'd be protectionist and do what they can to go after those nasty foreign manufacturers.

18. Feb 1, 2010 at 9:04 PM
    MarkMaine

MarkMaine New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    02 4x4 TRD offroad
    the problem is just that one part in the accelerator has a chance of sticking. this part is not made by Toyota but just one of the many parts outsourced to other companies. I don't think that should hurt its reputation except for the people that don't really know whats going on. but its going to hurt the car dealers that have nothing to sell at the moment while Toyota handles this, and of course Toyota will be hurting financially for a little while to fix this.

19. Feb 1, 2010 at 9:24 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    The "Union Employee's" don't get paid for plant shutdowns. Typical contracts with the Unions don't include pay for temporary plant closures. Yes, the unions may have rights to use their vacation or sick leave.
    toyota has pleanty of money so shutting the plant down likely isn't going to kill them as their not mothballing, merely turning the lights off until the issue can be resolved. The sooner Toyota gets the issue addressed the quicker all can be back in business. Sales revenues are the key to keeping Toyota afloat.
    Of even more importance are all the businesses and people who Toyota have left out in the cold until this can all be fixed. Toyota made their bed and will have to sleep in it for a while.

20. Feb 1, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Toyota also has plenty of union employee's....No, I don't like it but just saying.

Products Discussed in

To Top