1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Home AC?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jeckel7234, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Jun 29, 2012 at 6:53 PM
    jeckel7234

jeckel7234 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Add-a-Leaf, Leveling Kit, 31.5 Nitto Grapplers, Mag-Lite Mod, Anit-Key in the ignition beep mod, Tail gate theft mod, Trifecta tonneau cover, washable cabin air filter,
    We've had a heat wave today and is supposed to last for a few days. Is it normal in 100 degree weather for my house ac unit (which is new) to be weaker? I've had the unit set at 72 all day and the temp read out says its at 76 and has most of the day

2. Jun 30, 2012 at 4:35 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    One story or two story house? I am no hvac person but I believe units are sized to be optimal for certain temps like the 85-95 range. If it was sized too big it wouldn't dry off the humidity in your house very well.

3. Jun 30, 2012 at 4:43 AM
    11TRD

11TRD MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
    How many square feet is your house and how many tons is your unit rated at? Our rule of thumb is 1 ton per 600 feet of living space.

Go take a look at your outside unit and make sure there is no ice building up on your copper tubing leaving the heat pump. If so then your unit is low on refrigerant and needs a charge.

Products Discussed in

To Top