1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Home Improvement Today?

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by lsocoee, Jul 28, 2008.

1. May 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    White Double Cab Off Road
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    Starting with this:
    [​IMG]

2. May 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    That's from the era Scott is fond of time travelling to

3. May 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    Ha, yeah the whole place looked like something The Ladies Man would have designed when the last guy was still living in it.

4. May 9, 2013 at 4:11 AM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Anyone have pointers on removing dents/ scratches from finished flooring? Its pre-finished tigerwood. I tried to raise the grain with steam using a iron and a wet rag, but the finish is preventing the moisture from getting into the wood. I am thinking about trying to fill the dent with polyshades and wet sand it out with 2000 grit, then use a scratch remover to get rid of the light scratches from the sandpaper, think it will work?

5. May 9, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    J88logue

J88logue NorthWest Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonnie
    HWY 30
    Vehicle:
    02 D.C. TRD LIM. F.T.W.
    Clicko BUILDo
  6. May 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    nomad_archer

nomad_archer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Brickerville (Lititz), PA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Tacoma V6 SR5
    No idea if it would be a good deal since it doesn't list the hours in the add. But I will say don't get hung up on getting a deere. I thought I wanted a deere last year but I ended up buying a cub cadet instead. When it comes to used power equipment I like to buy new most of the time unless you are a good small engine mechanic since you have not idea what the previous owner did to it or if it was maintained correctly. Also that one doesnt look like it has a hydrostatic tranny which is really a pain.

7. May 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM
    J88logue

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonnie
    HWY 30
    Vehicle:
    02 D.C. TRD LIM. F.T.W.
    Clicko BUILDo
    Well tits... I def cannot buy new as I just bought the home that I need it for. But I assume the hydrostatic steer is like power steering for these puppies?

8. May 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    Hydrostatic actually refers to the transmission. The wheels are drive by hydraulic pumps instead of gears. The engine drives a pump or pumps which pump hydraulic fluid to the wheel motors. It allows infinite speed possibilities. Think of it as something similar to an automatic transmission in a car. They are more expensive to fix when they break but they are far superior in terms of smoothness of operation and switching from forward to reverse is much easier. For example, My Hydrostatic commercial walk behind mower can easily go from forward to reverse by just pulling backwards on the controls, and the further I let the control handles out, the faster I go. With my old belt/gear drive mower, to go into reverse, I would have to stop the mower, change the gear selector to reverse then let out the hand brakes to back up. To go faster, I would have to change my forward speeds with the gear selector.

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  9. May 9, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    The Yellow Dart

The Yellow Dart Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    07 //SR5 4x4
    PA20-TOY iPhone Adapter, Undercover Tonneau, Yakima tonneau tracks and rack, color-matched grille, Solar Yellow Wet Okoles, General Grabber AT2 265/75/16
    I'm in day 4 of my bathroom remodel.

Spent all weekend demo-ing down to the studs. Found 1.5" of concrete on the floor, completely unlevel.

So far, it's been gutted, electric and plumbing roughed-in, temporary toilet set (only bathroom in the house), window relocated and whole thing framed.

Electric gets put in tomorrow, tub set, and exterior siding put back on.

I'll get some pics up when I can.

10. May 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    J88logue

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonnie
    HWY 30
    Vehicle:
    02 D.C. TRD LIM. F.T.W.
    Clicko BUILDo
    gotcha well i guess i'll keep looking :)

11. May 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    B.F.E., NY
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR DC SB 6SPD
    Bestop canopy, hood struts, relocated 7-pin, 3" Toytec spacer/AAL, 265/75 16 Yokohama Geolander ATS, Hi-Lift mounted in bed, fog light mod, turn signal mod, locker mod, driver seat mag light mount, step bars, reinforced tailgate, ABS kill switch, black grill surround, bed lights, Brute Force front
    Agreed. I love the HST in my husky. I never use the brakes other than to start. I just move the side lever back n forth to slow down to reverse or leave it in the middle to park.

It's also good for my daughters to help mow when they have trouble reaching the brake. :D Just taught them to use the speed lever.

I'm looking for a bigger garden tractor myself, one with a FEL, 3 pt PTO, and belly mower. I could go older and used, but they're all manual. The newer ones are HST and I like the idea of it not lurching forward if one of them let off the clutch too fast, and they can stop/park on a hill by just taking your foot off the pedal. No need to set the parking brake, which is added safety to me. After having an HST on the mower I don't want anything else. LOL :D

12. May 11, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Day 1:
    [​IMG]
    Drop ceiling, cabinet finish pieces, 1 cabinet, and all the doors removed. I saved all the wood to reuse as shelves. I also pulled up all of the moulding around the floors and gutted the 3 closets.

At first I thought the walls around the counters were support walls, but it seems like they are to flimsy to hold anything up. I might look into removing them

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  13. May 11, 2013 at 8:46 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Vehicle:
    The "Big Nig"
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    well tonight after going out to dinner I stopped at Home Depot cuz theres always something I need... :p

Ended up picking up a sweet new shower head.. [​IMG]

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-In2ition-5-Spray-2-in-1-Handshower-in-Satin-Nickel-75584DSN/203563476#.UY8OC5VOhS8
    and a new bathroom vent fan. Shower head was an easy swap.. 5 minutes or less. Then I started out on the vent fan. the old one screwed to a beam and vented to the left, the new one would vent to the right if screwed to the same beam, so I pulled on the vent hose to see if it could stretch long enough to still work. of course it didnt work. the hose tore in half way out of reach. So now I'll have to try to get to the outside of the vent and replace the whole section of hose, add a piece of 2x4 to screw the fan to, and then button it all up.

atleast I was able to take an awesome shower after getting covered in insulation fibers up in the attic!!

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  14. May 11, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    MY50cal

MY50cal I think I'm getting the Fear.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Parkesburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    05 SWB TRD 4x4
    Yes.
    I miss my house :(

Although on a good note, it's under contract at my asking price :D

15. May 11, 2013 at 9:32 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Vehicle:
    The "Big Nig"
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    well thats some damn good news for you!

16. May 11, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    MY50cal

MY50cal I think I'm getting the Fear.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Parkesburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    05 SWB TRD 4x4
    Yes.
    Yeah man! Still amazed, it was only on the market for 5 days.

Nice pick on the shower head! You on city or well?

17. May 13, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Hung up some of the cabinet doors I built. I have 7 doors left to stain, seal and hang. Then I start on the drawers. We'll probably be doing the concrete countertops this weekend.
    20130512_161229.jpg

18. May 13, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Day 2:
    [​IMG]

Not a lot of progress I can show right now, but I started ripping up the click-n-lock flooring. I'm keeping the slats in hopes that I can find someone that will want them.

I also scraped all the caulking from the bathroom out and started painting the test colors on the walls.

Thinking about using this color flooring:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  19. May 13, 2013 at 11:53 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    ONE ... ah ah ah

[​IMG]

20. May 14, 2013 at 12:06 AM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    :D

Hey OZ-T, or anybody else that's in the know, is there a way to tell if a wall is load bearing without having the blueprints?

Last edited: May 14, 2013
To Top